Two-a-Days?

kasargent
kasargent Posts: 11 Member
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
I have heard from several places that if you very serious about building stronger muscles (to burn more fat) that you must work out for several hours (3+) or multiples times a day. On BL, for example, these people who are losing multiple digit pounds in a few days, are working out ALL day, (they are not working jobs!) I personally do not have much more than 1 hr at a time (except on Saturdays) to work out, so I have been considering two-a-days, one in the morning (for me it would be SUPER early, like 4:30am!) and my regular evening work out.

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or experience on this topic. Two-a-days is not ideal for me, but I guess if you want something bad enough, you'll find a way...

Replies

• findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 845 Member
    I just started two a days on Friday. Im working out during my lunch break, using the treadmill we have here in our gym. Then also doing jazzercise after work. Cant report on the results yet, but Im hoping it will help alot.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    there have been times I have pulled this off, but I don't think I could do it long term. Perhaps a video or something in the morning and then hit the gym later?
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    You better eat up massive protien. If you overwork, and don't replenish, you start burning muscle as well as fat. Go to bodybuilding.com. It's a good website for people trying to gain that kind of mass. Good luck!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Two-a-days seems to be the only way to loose weight at a pace that isnt sooooo slow for me... When I first get started with two a days though, I try to do one intense work out, then my other one to be a more fun work out like a medium paced 5k walk with friends or long bike ride or something... something that doesn't have me going pedal to the medal both times... I've also recently started riding my bike to work so I consider that 'extra' calories burned so in my evening work out if I don't want to work out as hard I don't have to... I shoot for 1000 calories burned a day. Good luck! If you do it slowly your body will get used to it... Doing two a days also had an added bonus for me in that whenever Ive had an intense work out... I keep thinking about how much effort it took to burn off all those calories... then eating that piece of cake just doesn't seem worth it anymore :)
  • EmmaShorter
    EmmaShorter Posts: 298
    I have been attempting to get as much exercise in as possible. I was getting up a 5 am to do a work out before work and then on some evenings i would do a class like jazzercise or Zumba. It definately gave me more energy but definately an easy habit to break as in getting up at 5 am.
This discussion has been closed.