Single Mom seeking buddies!

Options
Hi, I'm new here. A friend of mine who is a Personal Trainer (wish she was closer to kick my booty) told me about this site. In the past I used SparkPeople but I am looking for a change. I have lost weight some of my weight only to gain it back. I was doing really well until July I took a desk job, and in September I started school. So between being less active during the day and struggling to find time and energy I've managed to balloon to 232lbs. I am also a single mom, full-time (as in my ex lives in another state) so when I'm not working I have my almost 5 year old son in tow. I need to lose about 80lbs (my goal weight is 150). I am really trying to get back on track but it has been hard for me lately and I think what I really need is some buddies to check in with. I know that I need to make exercise a priority if I want to lose weight. I am going to just have faith that if I take time to exercise, my energy will increase and I will be able to still get everything else done.

I just bought a bike, I also have an exercise bike at home and some exercise videos. Problem is I am not a huge fan of doing the same thing over and over so I need variety. Last year I was doing to C25K and loving it (a shock to myself lol) but my situation was different, my sister watched my son while I did my runs. Now I don't have that luxury. But ultimately I would like to get running again.

So that's a little about me. I'd love to hear back from other people. All are welcome, as long as you want to check in. Maybe have a weekly check in date or something?!

Replies

• HealthierIn2011
    Options
    I also have a 5 year old - who is very active. I find that going for a bike ride with him or running while he rides bike is great exercise.
  • HealthierIn2011
    Options
    I also have a 5 year old - who is very active. I find that going for a bike ride with him or running while he rides bike is great exercise.
  • BobertC
    BobertC Posts: 123
    Options
    You can do it, there are a lot of people here that have good advice. tracking what I eat on here has been a huge help too. good luck, feel free to add me.
  • Christinichka
    Christinichka Posts: 171 Member
    Options

Fabulous! I ultimately want to run again. But will probably start with biking and walking if I am outside because I am way out of shape at this point and don't want to hurt myself running too soon.
  • Christinichka
    Options
    You can do it, there are a lot of people here that have good advice. tracking what I eat on here has been a huge help too. good luck, feel free to add me.

Wow that's awesome you've lost so much! Thanks for reaching out to offer encouragement! It means a lot to me.
  • BobertC
    Options

Wow that's awesome you've lost so much! Thanks for reaching out to offer encouragement! It means a lot to me.

And I just noticed you local, so I good times, I might even be able to offer help on places to go to hike or get a good workout and such
  • BobertC
    Options

And I just noticed you local, so I good times, I might even be able to offer help on places to go to hike or get a good workout and such
  • codymills25
    Options
    I'll be your buddy ;)
  • Bringerofrain
    Bringerofrain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Lots of great folks here for support & encouragemnet. The success stories alone Keep me motivated! Best of luck on your journey & feel free to add me.:smile:
  • Christinichka
    Options
    Thanks everyone for being so welcoming! Today is my Day 1 of logging! I am excited to be on this journey! :wink:
  • RattieLove
    RattieLove Posts: 125
    Options
    Hi Christina!! I'm new here too, let's be buddies ^.^
  • moniquereneeharris
    moniquereneeharris Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a trying to work in healthy eating and exercise too. I've tried to incorporate friends, particularly other single mothers who are interested in fun activities/exercises with their kids. Like you, I don't have anyone to watch my daughter but I also love the idea of her being involved in my exercise activities. Tomorrow we will go paddle boating with another friend and her son.
  • MzPix
    MzPix Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    Wow, we have a LOT in common.
    I am also a refuge of spark.
    I was also a single mom full time. (Kiddo is grown now.)
    I also did C25k and love running.
    And we are about the same weight with close to the same goal.

Too bad we are so distanced geographically, but you are more than welcome to add me as a friend here!