Hi

Options
Hi, I'm new. I joined a couple weeks ago but got really discouraged the first day when I went over my calories on the food tracker :(. I am going to try again! Looking to lose over 100 lbs, so I need all the support and encouragement I can get.

Replies

• RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site is great for motivation and support. You have already made the first step..and well you can do this!!! I know you can!! Because if I can..any one can! Good luck to you!!!
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Welcome!!!
    Don't get discouraged, but remember you can do it... if you goof up and go over, it isn't the end of the world it just makes you aware that you are human and it isn't an easy task!
    Good Luck on your journey!
  • rinitafitz
    rinitafitz Posts: 14
    Options
    Hello, Welcome to MFP. Don't get discourage of the calories. The whole trick is to burn more calories you take in. One of the things I do is to walk 30 mins a day, if possible. Walk the mall, around in the stores or the neighborhood. The catch is.....to get moving. When you log your excercises, it will recalculate your calories. Some other things I do is, make it a habit not to park close to the store so I get a little walk in before going in the stores. You can send a friend request, and we can keep each other motivated
  • elimk1
    elimk1 Posts: 12
    Options
    hi ,
    nice to meet you,we all have blips some days,but calories vary daily,just get back on track the day after to minimise damage x
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hello new friend!

I'm here to support you! :flowerforyou:

Stay positive and set small goals. Do not look at the BIG number. You'll get discouraged. Again set small goals, and always appreciate how far you have come. Just making the commitment takes some acknowledging! Kudos to you! :happy: