How do I calculate marinade

Options
I have a chicken recipe that I like to cook on the grill in the summer where we marinade the meat all day. The marinade has olive oil, soy sauce, red wine vinegar and honey in it. Does anyone know how to calculate the calorie count on the chicken after soaking in the marinade all day. We cook it without the marinade so I wouldn't think I would add the ingredients into the calorie count for the chicken I eat but I would think the chicken would have some extra calories in it after soaking in the marinade. Thanks.

Replies

• Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    HYou can enter the recipe into your own profile. Under the food tab, there's a recipe tab. That's what I use for my homemade recipes. I measure the total amount of marinade and figure out how many teaspoons or tablespoons are in it. I always come up with 6 tablespoons per 1/4 cup or 12 teaspoons per 1/4 cup. Other have gotten different measurements.

If it's a packaged mix, just look for it in the database or add it in.

If you wipe the meat/shake it off, you know- so it's not dripping, it's probably a teaspoon worth. If you don't, maybe 2 teaspoons.

Hope that helps.