losing a lot of weight, way too fast ???

Options
sarah307
sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
I have my settings set to lose 0.5 lbs/wk ...and this week i lost 1.4?? and i went over my calories like almost every day :)

I posted this on my profile and lots of people were saying that i probably wasn't eating enough calories to begin with. which i think may be the reason...

currently my settings are set to 1400 cals/day and my activity level is set to "lightly active" ... i eat my exercise calories most of the time.

what gives!??!?!

Replies

• barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    it's a good week? My first week I went using this website I went from 145 to 139, and before I used this website I lost 3 pounds in a week. I also weigh myself periodically throughout the day, and my weight flucuates +/- 4 pounds. I think it's not really that big of a deal. It's just a number. but congrats. don't be discouraged if you flucuate tho.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I always lost more than mfp said I should, and now I'm maintaining I seem to be looking at a number in the mid 2000s for my calories, at least for this stage in my life (working and bringing up an active child).

I can't be the only person who's found this, either. I got scared of how I was losing so much and upped my calories a bit, and still lost more than predicted, but it was less dramatic.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    cool thanks!
    I just don't want to lose that much that fast.. cause i don't want to be unhealthy about it.
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    generally, eating more will actually lead to weight loss. that means eating more of the right foods, and maybe around 1600 calories depending on how tall you are, and still staying active. just be sensible, and if you lose weight quickly but you don't feel sick or messed up, it's probably fine. Some of it could be water weight.