Show this to your husband / partner

Options

Replies

• hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Aww this is so sweet and thank you for posting. Fortunately my husband who is in fantastic shape is over the moon supportive and enthusiastic. I see on MFP that many partners are not and so I hope they ALL read this. Thanks again OP!
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    sweet
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    What a great post and thanks for sharing it with us.......

299481a1w9czrf0r.gif
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Great post. I hope that women do those this to their significant others! Luckily, my boyfriend is my #1 supporter...I just wish everyone had that!

Same here... on both counts!

Mine is more than happy to eat whatever I do (although in fairness, we just eat the same healthy food as we always did, just less of it!), and he comes out running with me in the mornings. He's more or less given up chocolate and cake etc. as he says it's not right that he should have them when I can't. Doesn't matter that I tell him I can, I just don't *want* them - he still won't eat them! He celebrates every little victory I experience, and there is not a day goes by when he doesn't tell me how beautiful I am and how much he loves me.

I would love everyone to have partners like mine!
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    He celebrates every little victory I experience, and there is not a day goes by when he doesn't tell me how beautiful I am and how much he loves me.

I would love everyone to have partners like mine!

Ditto this! And a grand :mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble: :noway: to partners of any description who aren't supporting the people they love in their journeys. Way uncool.
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    **LIKE** Really trying to get my husband on the healthy bandwagon with me. He supports my efforts 100%, but so far no luck getting him on board. I love him to death and it's not about vanity it's about his health!
  • MsMadmagic
    MsMadmagic Posts: 66
    Options
    Well said!!! Thank you
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Thank You! Wish I could discretely show this to my husband some how. He "supports" me in his own way (telling me I am sexy and grabbing me in some way), but he really doesn't get why commenting on my "snacking" and giving me "pointers" on exercise (from the couch with a lager) isn't really motivation - it hurts.

So glad someone gets it, so I appreciate it.
  • WhisperALullaby
    WhisperALullaby Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    A thousand times yes! My fiance is incredibly supportive, but he's in the "you're beautiful and don't need to change a thing" category. The guy would tell me I'm beautiful if I had a huge wart in the middle of my nose, I'm sure of it. Love him to death, but he constantly wants to eat out, and I do wish he'd get on the healthy ride with me. At least he accompanies me on walks when I drag him out. And we have great conversations when we walk together, it's nice! When he's upstairs playing on the Xbox I'm downstairs playing DDR and trying to be somewhat healthier. Works out, but yes...wish he was on board with me, since he complains about not being healthy too.
  • SusiB60
    SusiB60 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Amen!
    Well said Jeff.
    :0)
  • SusiB60
    SusiB60 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Amen!
    Well said Jeff.
    :0)
  • bigmamma3
    bigmamma3 Posts: 134
    Options
    Well said but made me sad too
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Right on.
  • Nancyhusanu
    Options
    Thanks for the great post!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Too damn right. My husband is supportive in action - he got me all my workout clothes and shoes and stuff, but hates me being out of the house for the time it takes me to exercise, hates me logging my food on here, and hasn't once said anything nice about my figure or my fitness. Not once.
  • mzprettiekittie
    mzprettiekittie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Love this post, always love support from the partners
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    :cry:
  • phenrichs
    phenrichs Posts: 102
    Options
    I like it but it makes me feel sort of bad. It reminds how little support I am getting. My wife still cooks the same old junk we used to eat and I have to make my own meals. I made a great chicken fried rice the other night and made enough for 3 meals so after we both ate I would have leftovers for lunch. Nope, she ate the whole thing. It really makes it hard to stick with it. Sometimes I feel really alone. Glad I have all of you guys.
  • BBBgettingfit
    BBBgettingfit Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Well put!
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO much!!