NSV "Inspiration"

Slimithy
Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
I send out occasional emails to some of my officemates/workout buddies letting them know my progress. All of them are much smaller than me but they were instrumental in geting me started on the weight less journey by working out with me and being very positive, so I like to keep them informed of the actual numbers on occasion. Well this morning I let them know I I hit a milestone. I received multiple emails of congratulations, but most suprising I received emails saying I was inspiring THEM to get back into the gym and focus their efforts. One of them had a baby a few months ago and refrenced seeing my success and knowing she needed to work off her baby weight. Another said she was speaking with a friend the other day and bragged on me (to someone I don't even know!!). This is new and uncharted territory for me here, actually inspiring others to be healthy. I mean, really? I've never been that guy before. It felt awesome to read those emails. Thanks to all those on MFP who inspire me as well!! You guys all ROCK!!

Replies

• Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    That is awesome! High five for giving motivation and inspiration!!!!!!!!
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    This is one of the best NSV's I've read here!!! Way to go pal!!
  • rissyroo2002
    rissyroo2002 Posts: 71 Member
    Verry happy for you!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Awesome!!!
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    thats fantastic. well done for being such an inspiration to others.
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Thank you for sharing this very special story. I hope you hold this to your heart because it is truly inspiring.
  • meinco
    meinco Posts: 62 Member
    It just goes to show that it really only does take one person doing the right thing and improving themselves to start a chain reaction in those that surround them!

There is the saying, "Be the change you want to see in the world." You have become the change that other people want to see in themselves!
  • Bob_Sugar
    Bob_Sugar Posts: 61
    Thats great! Good job.
  • This is one of the best NSV's I've read here!!! Way to go pal!!

Totally agrees :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!