STIR FRY!!!

1111renee
1111renee Posts: 108 Member
edited September 28 in Food and Nutrition
I AM REALLY WANTING SOME STIR FRY TONITE.........ANYONE HAVE A GREAT RECIPE????

Replies

• meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    start with chicken, shrimp, or beef. cook it through....

after it has been cooked add light soy sauce, siracha hot sauce/chili paste, little bit of red wine vinegar.

add frozen stir fry veggies. put a cap over the pot to keep the steam in....

stir and once veggies are hot it is done. :) enjoy.
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    I use the bag of frozen vegs nad fresh chicken cut into pices, stir fry them then add a little soy sauce low-sodium and enjoy.. Easy and few cals..
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    I use the bag of frozen vegs and fresh chicken cut into pices, stir fry them then add a little soy sauce low-sodium and enjoy.. Easy and few cals..
  • neXib
    neXib Posts: 1
    IMO it's best to fry the meat first, put it aside on a plate, then fry the greens on their own to make sure everything gets nice and crisp, then put meat back and add sauce and whatever spices and taste.
  • onlinebs
    onlinebs Posts: 15
    You've already gotten some great, easy methods - now I'm going to give you the hard way as just another option. It helps if you have a rice cooker, but it isn't needed - just substitute a small pot.

Get a pan with just a little olive oil hot. Put your (preseasoned) meat in, about 15 seconds per side to get a crisp outside.
    Put your preseasoned veggies in the bottom of a rice cooker with a half cup of water, put the meat in the top tray. If you don't have a rice cooker with a steaming tray/basket, just use a small pan. I'd still put veggies on bottom, meat on top. Let cook on med-hi heat for about 15 minutes, take out and enjoy.

I can't tell you how to season, that is up to your tastes. Salt pepper and lemon on the chicken/shrimp is always a winner. Soy sauce is a great boost for any stir fry. Feel free to add some tobasco if you like it hot, mint and garlic if you don't. Have fun with it, try not to do it the same way twice.

*With Beef, cut into thin strips if it is not already. With shrimp, cut all cooking times in half. Still cook the veggies for about 15 minutes (longer if you like them more tender), but put the shrimp in for the last 7-8 minutes. Make sure when you are doing the initial sear, you really do not let the shrimp stay in the pan long. The number one reason people don't eat shrimp for breakfast, lunch and dinner is because they've never tasted it without it being over cooked.
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Bump!!! This sounds so good!!! I love the Siracha sauce!!!
  • Stelynru
    Stelynru Posts: 25 Member
    I love throwing some cut up chicken into a pan, cook until it's no longer pink, then throw in some diced red and green peppers and zucchini, a splash of soy sauce or asian toasted sesame dressing. Cook until the veggies are tender crisp and serve over rice.
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    I use the bag of frozen vegs nad fresh chicken cut into pices, stir fry them then add a little soy sauce low-sodium and enjoy.. Easy and few cals..

I did this last night and it was amazing!!!
This discussion has been closed.