Anyone out there?

Options
Hi I'm new not only to MFP but to chat rooms. I would like to find some friends to help me stay on track. Do any of you have any advice on ridding yourself of sugar cravings?

Replies

• montassa
    montassa Posts: 1
    Options
    Try a glass of water - wait 10 minutes - if it hasn't subsided - substitute for dried fruits/nuts
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome to MFP;) feel free to friend me if you would like. i started chewing sugarless gum the dessert gum from extra is really good. also, slowly decrease the amount you normally use in coffee, tea, etc. i switched to splenda which helps a lot. hope this helps you:)
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Good one. I think newbie's need to take a step back. A big part of weight loss and taking control of your life is a acceptance of where you are now and motivation to change it. Part of that is honesty. With that said, add a photo. :) It is hard to just look at a blank page. :) Good luck on your journey and welcome. This is a great place to be.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I tried tea with sweetener at first and then moved on to fruit. It works, be patient and give it time. Soon, you won't crave sugar except once in a great while and over time it will pretty much stop.