need help with scales

Options
Im just confused with my scale. I originally had an older analog scale. The kind with the small print and the needle. I read that they are unreliable and because of all the springs and stuff on the inside, they tend to get more unreliable the older they get. So I bought a new digital scale. It was $40 so I hope its good. Its a Taylor scale I think. Not sure. Anyways.. both scales read almost identical weights so I was happy to know that at least I've been writing the correct weights down. However, today my old scale is reading 202-203 and my new digital is reading 198.4. Obviously im going to trust the digital. Its brand new and the analog is at least 5 years old. Maybe even 10. But my real issue is my starting weight. The analog was consistant at 227 lbs. So I recorded that as my starting weight. I just wonder how accurate that it based on the difference I see in that scale and my new scale. Could I possibly have been 225 or 224?

I wont think too much into it and im not gonna change my starting weight. Seeing the bigger number is inspiration for me and being under 200 for the first time in probably 4 or 5 years is an awesome achievement. Im not really into how much I've lost anyway, im not a numbers guy. I just like to see the results.

Thanks for any input.

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter. Just use the same scale all the time for your weight measurement and you can track your progress. My gym scale has me 10 lbs heavier than my home digital scale and my doctor's scale is right inbetween them.