Which is better nutritionally?

Options
I am making turkey meatloaf and was wondering if I should use oats or breadcrumbs?

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    oats, but you could look them both up to get a definite answer.
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'd go with oats, unless the bread crumbs are 100% whole wheat or whole grain or something! If they are white, then they are adding no nutritional value at all!!!!
  • vitamina19
    vitamina19 Posts: 30
    Options
    I would say oats, too.
  • patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I would for sure say oats because of the fiber in them as opposed to the breadcrumbs which is just carbs.
  • sherrieleah
    sherrieleah Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use oats.
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I use 2 slices of my fav bread. Last night I used oat nut bread. 2 Slices. So good and good for you
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    oats!
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Alternatively, you can ditch the oat/breadcrumb filler and chuck in a load of blended vegetables. Up the flavour and vitamin content, and keep the calories low. You'll need to bake it in loaf pan to hold it together, but it comes out so light and filling.
  • DrHDLM
    DrHDLM Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Oats for sure, it helps with digestion
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Alternatively, you can ditch the oat/breadcrumb filler and chuck in a load of blended vegetables. Up the flavour and vitamin content, and keep the calories low. You'll need to bake it in loaf pan to hold it together, but it comes out so light and filling.

I second this - I like to use eggplant and zucchini.
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I mean its turkey meatloaf. Make it tassty. Thats what I say. Cals can't be bad if you count it up. Add some tasty little bread in there with some other yummies. Can't not enjoy the fruits of love once in a while. I mean I do it with oats too but that is not tasty like some good old fashion bread! Unless your 100% paleo