Pregnancy!

Options
So we found out we are 8 weeks pregnant! Woo hoo!!
And id like to start eating a little better!
Im looking for healthy, filling, easy meal idea's that i can start using.

Anyone have any??

How much exercise should i be doing?

I want to have a happy, healthy pregnancy and a happy healthy child in 7 months!!!

Any input would be great!

Replies

• makeupartist12
    Options
    CONGRATSSSSSSS
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    congrats! what an exciting time! I would recommend lots of water, and try to cut out those sweets as much as possible. on the excercise, definitely talk to your doctor. Generally they will tell you that you can keep doing whatever you were doing before. best of luck for a healthy pregnancy!!
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    WOOOOOOOT!!! Mega-congrats!!!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Congratulations....check with your doctor but I suspect they will tell you to continue (if you already are exercising) with exercise as its good for you and the baby and will help you after delivery as well. Unless you are high risk or restricted. But its always best to check with the dr first.
  • sweetdosia
    sweetdosia Posts: 28
    Options
    Congratulations! I agree with talking to your doctor before starting a new workout plan. But if you're currently on a workout regimine, you can keep at it.
  • MsMadmagic
    MsMadmagic Posts: 66
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
    Sorry never been preggers so can't comment on what to eat. Can you get some info from your GP or Womens Health Clinic to point you in the right direction? They change the rules all the time with things to avoid like pate & nuts. Hope you have a very Happy and Healthy pregnancy
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Eat lots of fruits and veggies! Meat (lean hamburger) too. You'll want to make sure you're getting lots of iron and calcium - if your babe is anything like mine....he'll take it all. LOL
    As for exercise - talk with your OB, but an evening and/or morning walk is great. Also, swimming!! I LOVED swimming with both my kids. You feel weightless, but still get in a good amount of exercise!

Happy Healthy 9 Months to you!!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Congrats...that is just awesome. If you were working out before, then continue to do the same. I worked out hard on elliptical and did weights (no abdominal work) until late in my pregnancy until I had issue unrelated to working out. It is good to watch your diet, my dr is from England and he said he is fine if his patient doesn't gain any weight because woman in Europe don't tend to gain a pound and they have on avg babies that is less than a half pound smaller than american babies. They walk a lot and eat healthy, hence no weight gain. So, not going to the extreme, but after meeting this dr, I gained only 10lbs in the last 4.5 months of my pregnancy when I would usually gain 40 instead. It was sooooo much easier bouncing back after the baby. I literally fit my largest jeans owned the day after I had her. Good luck to you!
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    Congrats!!! Is this your first?

I know with all three of mine I craved watermelon and lettuce, so I ate a lot of salads and watermelon. Chicken is always a good choice. I would crave steak sometimes and would eat it, but be careful with fish/seafood. I didn't eat very healthy with my first two, but I had lost 65 lbs between #2 and #3 and ate better with him.

Keep in mind you only need about 300 to 500 extra calories a day.

As for exercise, keep doing what you are doing unless your doctor recommends stopping. I had a yoga DVD that was specific to pregnant women and I loved it! This is the one I used: http://www.amazon.com/New-Method-Baby-Prenatal-Yoga/dp/B00005Q405/ref=sr_1_52?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1307385152&sr=1-52
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just want to say that I highly recommend using babyfit.com during your pregnancy. You can do everything you do here, but it will all be for a pregnant woman. And you can join a due date team, where all the women will be due the same month as you. I used it through my pregnancy and it was amazing! Good luck to you!!!!
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Just recently read an article about good excerise for pregnancy and they said that yoga is a really good idea. I do know that sometimes they have special yoga classes just for pregnant women so you might want to check into that. The article said that it would really help stregthen your muscles in your back to help prevent back pain. Also, you want to try to gain between 20-30 pounds during pregnancy, that is a healthy amount to gain while pregnant. You definitely dont want to starve the baby.

Congrats on the news and hope this helps