My worst day in three weeks...

Options
...was today and I am officially blaming my co-workers. They've been dying to have a lunch outing for a month now and I finally caved. We walked a few blocks up the street to a cool little hot dog joint called Cats & Dawgs. If you're ever in Asheville NC I highly recommend it, but only if you've saved up about 1000 calories. One vienna beef hot dog with bun, side of french fries, and a small coke (2/3 was probably ice though) totaled to roughly 850 calories :noway: and I don't even eat anything on my hot dog! Add that to the hot chocolate I chose for a snack this morning (which would've been fine if lunch hadn't been a bust) and my wheat thins snack and my oatmeal breakfast and I'm already up to a grand total of 1,479. Which leaves me with 61 calories for dinner. :ohwell: I should add in some exercise calories right? I totally would if I was gonna have time! Thursdays are usually great days for an extra long workout for me since my boyfriend keeps his kids those afternoons, but tomorrow is our work picnic and I have to fix a dessert, but before I can fix it I have to do the dishes and get a few things from the store, but before I can do that I have to get some gas. And here in NC there is still little gas to be found (not to mention the average price seems to be around $4.25) so who knows how long that may take. And by the time I get all that done and actually get the dessert made I'll be lucky if I have time to cleanup before its time to pass out in bed. So if it wasn't for this stupid work picnic and it wasn't for my stupid co-workers and their abilities to eat whatever they want and not gain a pound I would be fine. Dang it. :explode:
As revenge I'm surfing the internet instead of working the last 30 mins of my day!

Hope you all are having a better day than me! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• SuzieQT
    SuzieQT Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    ...was today and I am officially blaming my co-workers. They've been dying to have a lunch outing for a month now and I finally caved. We walked a few blocks up the street to a cool little hot dog joint called Cats & Dawgs. If you're ever in Asheville NC I highly recommend it, but only if you've saved up about 1000 calories. One vienna beef hot dog with bun, side of french fries, and a small coke (2/3 was probably ice though) totaled to roughly 850 calories :noway: and I don't even eat anything on my hot dog! Add that to the hot chocolate I chose for a snack this morning (which would've been fine if lunch hadn't been a bust) and my wheat thins snack and my oatmeal breakfast and I'm already up to a grand total of 1,479. Which leaves me with 61 calories for dinner. :ohwell: I should add in some exercise calories right? I totally would if I was gonna have time! Thursdays are usually great days for an extra long workout for me since my boyfriend keeps his kids those afternoons, but tomorrow is our work picnic and I have to fix a dessert, but before I can fix it I have to do the dishes and get a few things from the store, but before I can do that I have to get some gas. And here in NC there is still little gas to be found (not to mention the average price seems to be around $4.25) so who knows how long that may take. And by the time I get all that done and actually get the dessert made I'll be lucky if I have time to cleanup before its time to pass out in bed. So if it wasn't for this stupid work picnic and it wasn't for my stupid co-workers and their abilities to eat whatever they want and not gain a pound I would be fine. Dang it. :explode:
    As revenge I'm surfing the internet instead of working the last 30 mins of my day!

Hope you all are having a better day than me! :flowerforyou:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Awwwww... don't worry, you'll be fine, besides, it's OKAY to go over once in awhile.

Every once in awhile, you're just going to have one of those days.
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    yo chicky!! You're in ASheville..thats funny I'm in Asheboro, NC :smile:

I know you're pretty darn upset but you know what....look on MFP under excercise...cleaning is considered a calorie burning activity. **YAY** so go ahead and incoporate those into your exercise and it will give you some wiggle room.

And you're better than me about making a dessert I say go store bought... lol
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Its okay to go over your goal calories. Those are set up to help you lose, but as long as you aren't consistantly going over your BMR calories you shouldn't gain.:flowerforyou:
  • SuzieQT
    SuzieQT Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    yo chicky!! You're in ASheville..thats funny I'm in Asheboro, NC :smile:

I know you're pretty darn upset but you know what....look on MFP under excercise...cleaning is considered a calorie burning activity. **YAY** so go ahead and incoporate those into your exercise and it will give you some wiggle room.

And you're better than me about making a dessert I say go store bought... lol

I can only actually make one dessert and that's dirt cake. No heating necessary, which is perfect cause I'm really good at catching things on fire in the oven and on the stove!

Thanks for all the support guys!