Fish Oil / Omega 3 Supplement

kellykaye_xo
kellykaye_xo Posts: 66 Member
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anyone have a brand of Fish Oil/Omega 3 supplements they would recommend? I use "Wholemega" which I love, but it's super expensive. I'd like to find a good quality lower cost brand. Thank you!

Replies

• carolinenp
    carolinenp Posts: 125 Member
    Mine is from Costco and I'm not sure the cost because my mom got it for me.
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Walnuts... That is where i get my Omega 3 from..
  • I use Puritans Pride brand. They often run deals where you buy one and get one or two free. I also take CO-Q-10 and L-Carnitine in addition to my multi vitamin.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    I like Barleans-Omega swirl- it comes in flavors and does NOT ever have a fishy taste or fish burps. I put it in my smoothie or in my oatmeal, yogurt or even just take a spoon full it tastes good- comes in strawberry--chocolate :):) and lemon and some others too. I get it from my chiropractor it is 65 cals a serving and it has all of the omegas that you need.
  • kokoasummer
    kokoasummer Posts: 10 Member
    check out www.swansonvitamins.com they have a huge range of products for great prices, its pretty much where i get all my stuff.. I've used the liquid lemon flavored cod liver oil Carlson brand which is good, just tastes like lemon, but it IS oil. Now i much prefer Coromega orange squeeze flavored packets, they are AWESOME, they taste just like a dreamcicle and aren't "oily" and your body absorbs them much easier than pills or liquid. Swanon sells them, but Walgreens online store sometimes does a 2 for 1 so i always keep my eye open of that.
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Healthier in 2011: I just got L-Carnitine and started it yesterday. Does it seem to work for you?
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    NOW 3-6-9. Covers more than just the 3 and does not cause any gut rot.
  • crystal_loga
    crystal_loga Posts: 106 Member
    I take Nature Made Burp-less Fish Oil 1200mg w/ 360mg Omega-3. I found it at Wal-Mart, under $10 for 60 softgels. I must warn you, the pill is rather large. I have to drink a good bit of water to get it all the way down. I haven't had any type of taste, or burp from these pills.
  • Healthier in 2011: I just got L-Carnitine and started it yesterday. Does it seem to work for you?

I've only been taking it about a week. My boss is competes Iron Man competitions and swears by it. I seem to have a litle bit more energy and if I hadn't pigged out over the weekend could have probably had a 3# weight loss when I checked-in today.
  • widmar
    widmar Posts: 72
    I use Natrol Omega 3-6-9 from walmart . Not very expensive and no fishy taste, although they are kinda large pills.
  • kellykaye_xo
    kellykaye_xo Posts: 66 Member
    Thanks everyone for the great suggestions!!!
This discussion has been closed.