New guy here and kind of lost

Opusarlo
Opusarlo Posts: 53
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, my name is Arlo, and I am a car salesman from Grand Rapids Michigan. I am not sure how it all came about but I have been on a serious health kick and fitness program since about 6-1-11. I stopped all my bad activities...well almost all...and am running around produce departments looking for brocolli and lettuce and all sorts of things that you can't find by the frozen pizzas. I never knew my grocery store carried so many other things than pizza and hot pockets. Well I am learning this site and I would like some friends on here to talk to when I get on to update. You know, some people to help out who will also support me. For starters - somehow I have a lady-bug on my weight meter. I assure you I did not opt for a lady bug there but I am afraid to change it now cuz next time I might get something like a flower...grrr. Really I am a laid back guy who really wants to make a better life for me and my family. I am sick of it all...sweating...ugly pants...sweating...even more ugly pants...

takers? Add me if you would like. I am on quite a bit and I am mobile as well although I am not sure you can corrospond through moile.

Replies

• Lstrhi
    Lstrhi Posts: 132
    Loved the frozen pizza stuff, I'm right there with you lol. My name's Rhi and I'm new too. Congrats on trying to get healthy. :)
  • I am also new, but not quite new to the health kick. I'm new to starting it over, and refreshing myself. After settling down I put on a good 60 pounds and acquired some unhealthy results all over. I feel it's time to quit *****ing and worrying over my health and fix it already. I'd love to have some support on here, and offer some as well. Good luck to your new healthy lifestyle!
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    I don't know, I kinda dig the ladybug ;-)

Good luck!
  • SeaShell33
    SeaShell33 Posts: 141
    this has changed my life! welcome =)
  • mzprettiekittie
    mzprettiekittie Posts: 125 Member
    Hey, welcome to the site, I've been on here a week today. Lots of lovely friendly people on here :smile:
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Good job frozen pizza guy! This is a good place to be. Welcome!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Welcome!

Another vote for the ladybug... ;)
  • Kappyoc
    Kappyoc Posts: 39 Member
    Hey, I'm from nothern Michigan, Gaylord to be exact. This is a great place for motivation and encouragment. We all try and support each other as much as we can. Add me and maybe we can support each other on this life long journey. Its a change of lifestyle, not a diet. Be in it for the long haul, not the short sprint! Welcome!
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Welcome! I'm going to add you as a friend. Love all the support I have been receiving here.
  • ericawolf2
    ericawolf2 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi there, I'm new as of today on this website. I was super successful with weight watchers for the better part of almost 13 years though am struggling on their new program. I stumbled across this and feel like I finally found what I'm looking for -- online tracking, support and best yet its not costing me $17 per month. Hopefully we can help each other out!

Erica:smile:
  • lizhipwell
    lizhipwell Posts: 70
    :smile: Welcome! I completely know how you feel. I joined at the end of February, and believe you me it is worth it to use this as a tool It has helped me keep track and be accountable...and the pals I have on here are so supportive. I will friend you now.

Also, you can change your ticker if you want in the tools section. I even used my own picture that I uploaded, so it is possible.

Take care!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    New here too. Welcome and WTG on getting healthy!
  • treez69
    treez69 Posts: 15 Member
    Hi only joined today, people are already being so supportive, add me if you like and we ccan start our journey together x
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Hi... gonna send you a request.. kinda new as well! It's been a great place for me so far!!
  • pvesey
    pvesey Posts: 55 Member
    Welcome!! I'm from Kalamazoo, Mi and would love to be support buddies. I have had more success with MFP than I have had with any other attempt to lose weight. Feel free to add me as a friend. Do you need help getting rid of your ladybug? I have a frog!!!

Best of luck on your new journey.

Patti
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Welcome! i'll add ya..
  • Mtsidad
    Mtsidad Posts: 242 Member
    Welcome, Arlo!

Were you part of the recent video made in Grand Rapids to "American Pie"? Awesome video.

Yes, there are some great people here for support. I'll add ya & we can support each other.

I find that the produce section has a lot of choices and I don't even need to go into the inner aisles where all the cookies and chips are.

Good luck on your quest to get healthy. And yeah, you can't do mobile comm with the mobile app, but you can post updates. Maybe there'll be a separate MFP chat channel some day.
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Hey Arlo,

Welcome! I'm another 40-something guy from Michigan (near Ann Arbor) trying to get my body back to where I know it should be. As exhibited by all the responses, this is a very supportive place to come while making this journey. Best wishes to you, you can DEFINITELY do this!

Feel free to add me if you're not already swamped with friends. :laugh:

Rob
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    PS. I keep looking at the guy on my weight loss ticker and wondering if his hips will get smaller, the more weight I lose...
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Hi and welcome neighbor! I live in Muskegon. I have had great success using MFP. There is so much support and motivation on this site. Use these tools daily and you will reach your goals sooner than you think. Good luck on your journey! Sending you a FR. :flowerforyou:
    ~melissa
This discussion has been closed.