Grilling Boneless Skinless Chicken

Options
Amber393
Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
So, as the subject says I want to grill boneless skinless chicken outside on the grill.

There's only two problems..

1) I've never grilled on the grill by myself so I am bit nervous but I think I can do it!
2) I've never grilled chicken on an outdoor grill.

So, any tips or suggestions?

Thanks!!

Amber

Replies

• aneumany
    aneumany Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    ha its easy, put the grill on let it heat up for 5 mins, in the mean time put some olive oil and pepper on there, or watever u want and then throw it on and let it go.. flip it after like 4-5 mins depending on how thick they are, pretty simple, u can do it! lol good luck!
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Haha! I feel your pain! I always leave the grilling to my husband because I have a tendency to overcook everything afraid that it won't be done otherwise. Seriously though, marinate it in a low cal marinade first. It will help to keep it juicy. Low and slow is the best way, and if you have wood chips for smoke it adds a ton of flavor with no calories. :-)
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I rub the chicken with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with kosher salt, pepper, granulated onion and granulated garlic. Grill on high to sear the outside of the chicken(direct heat) then move it to a part of the grill where the burner is off (indirect heat). It's good to have an instant read thermometer. Remove it from the grill when the internal temp is 160 and cover with AL foil, let it sit for 5 minutes for juices to redistribute and the temp will rise to 165.

USDA Recommended Safe Minimum Internal Temperatures

Steaks & Roasts - 145 °F
    Fish - 145 °F
    Pork - 160 °F
    Ground Beef - 160 °F
    Egg Dishes - 160 °F
    Chicken Breasts - 165 °F
    Whole Poultry - 165 °F
  • 1CALIJIBARO2
    1CALIJIBARO2 Posts: 132
    Options
    REAL E-Z.............I assume it funtions on propane gas...........1.turn knob on top of tank to "OPEN".....2.turn knob on your grill to low..3.ignite & WAHLA u have fire..........4.close cover for several minutes to create heat inside grill.5.after several minutes place chicken on top rack & close cover,,,,REMEMBER the flame shall continue on low while grillin.......6.check chicken every 5 minutes to insure no HIGH FLAMES from chicken,7.turn chicken over after GOLDEN color...8. repeat process until complete GOLDEN color on both sides.......GOOD LUCK & TASTY EATIN..........it is E-Z as 1,2,3..................
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    most of above is correct.

After you start the grill, let it heat up at high heat. Then - turn it down!

Spray with the Weber Non-stick grilling spray, or you'll be screwed.

Place chicken on, close, and let sit for 7-10 minutes. Flip. Let sit again. Check with probe thermometer, and pull when at 160*.