BIKINI BY JULY 4TH 8WK CHALLENGE -- WEEK 5--CLOSED GROUP

2»

Replies

• aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    So this week's check-in...
    Current weight: 120
    Pounds lost since the start of our challenge: 6
    Question of the week: How did you determine your goal weight? Will you make your goal weight this summer? Before I got pregnant with either of my kids I was underweight. I am 5'3" and weighed 98-100 pounds...I definitely don't want to be that small again but I would like to be close but still healthy. 104.? is the lowest I can go healthily. 110 is where I would like to be and wouldn't mind going as low as 105 as long as I don't look like skin and bones...I want to look very fit with muscles but not body builder muscles. I am the healthiest I have ever been and I am 10 pounds from my goal and feeling awesome! I weighed 185 after I had my second child and this is the lowest I have been in over 3 years. I will make my goal and hoping to make it before August. I do know that I have made it this far and I am NOT giving up or ever letting myself go again.
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Current weight: 165.8
    Pounds lost since the start of our challenge: 2
    Question of the week: How did you determine your goal weight? Will you make your goal weight this summer?
    I picked a number that is my goal weight. There is no way I will reach that number by July 4th but it's always in my mind so I won't stop striving for it. My end goal is 150 lbs. I don't know if it's reasonable because I don't remember the last time I was that weight. I'm more focused on how I look (at least that's what I'm going to keep telling myself!).

I'm kicking butt at JM's 30 Day Slim Down plan. Today is Day 10. I just need to get a routine established and stick to it. I also need to quit eating so much sugar. One at a time though :)
  • mom2jacob
    mom2jacob Posts: 54
    Current weight: 171
    Pounds lost since the start of our challenge:a little more than 2 i think
    Question of the week: How did you determine your goal weight? Will you make your goal weight this summer?

I determine my goal weight by what I know I can actually achieve and have been at that weight previously this time Im going to try and lose about 10more pounds than that if I feel like it will make me more comfortable in my own skin. I don't think I will be my goal weight this summer but I hoping by my anniversary in Jan I will be there.
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Current weight: 159
    Pounds lost since the start of our challenge: i can't remember my original weight... i think this would make it 3lbs... but i had a gain of .2 from last week
    Question of the week: How did you determine your goal weight? Will you make your goal weight this summer? I did a biggest loser challenge at my gym and lost 13 lbs in 8 weeks... so i set my goal at 13lbs for this challenge... i won't make it (9lbs in 3ish weeks??) but i am ok with that!! I had a few set backs but what i've gained from those set backs will help me with the rest of the weight.
  • KathreneW
    KathreneW Posts: 66 Member
    Current weight: 141
    Pounds lost since the start of our challenge: 8lbs!
    Question of the week: How did you determine your goal weight? I once was 118 and felt completely comfortable in my skin, so i fugured 120 was a nice round number. Will you make your goal weight this summer? Yes, propbably more towards the end of the summer though.
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Bumping for Friday when I weigh in. I'm hoping for a .5 loss. We shall see. Have a nice week.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Current weight: 180
    Pounds lost since the start of our challenge: 6lbs!
    Question of the week: How did you determine your goal weight? I was 180 two and a half years ago and like what I saw... well except for the belly!? So I took that weight and subtracted 10 more pounds. That got me to 170 and I am happy with that no really I am) But then I thought about the BMI stuff and to be "over weight" that is 169.9 for me. So I figured I should just go to 165 and make sure I am "overweight". I know that the BMI is not too accurate but I figure it can't hurt. I just know that I was 145 at the age of 20 and I was too skinny in my eyes so I won't go there again.

My workout schedulethis week?
    Sunday: Warrior Dash!!!! Plus a 1.8 mile walk to and from the event.
    Monday: C25K and swimming 20 mins
    Tuesday: rest day
    Wednesday: C25K and weights
    Thursday: Fat burn on the treadmill and mowing the yard (hopefully)
    Friday: C25K and weights or swimming
    Saturday:1.5 hour of Ashtanga Yoga (never tried it before :D)
    **I take my two breaks at work and walk a half mile in 10 minutes, so that is an additional workout each day
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Happy Thursday everyone! Today is going to be a great calorie burning day! What's everyone doing today?

I'm going to run for minutes and do Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. It's not my favorite but it's on the darn schedule. Gotta stick to it!
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Current weight: 167
    Pounds lost since the start of our challenge: 3 [ Didn't lose any this past week and gained a 1/2 pd =( Tho last week when I weighed the scale was bouncing between 167 & 166.5 so of course I went with the lower #. So really I don't consider myself to have gained. ]
    Question of the week: How did you determine your goal weight? My first goal weight is the weight I was before having kids. I remember liking the size I was. The ultimate goal weight is where I was at in college. So I know for sure I'd like to be somewhere in between the two.
    Will you make your goal weight this summer? I definitely plan to make my first goal this summer. I've got to kick it up a notch. Want to for sure be there by my bday. 7/31!
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Hi everyone.

Current weight: 129.4
    Pounds lost since the start of our challenge: 7
    I am leaving for holiday in a week. And actually i am happy with my weight. Plan to lose some more until my birthday in august. I think i will reach my goal weight of 105 by october. I am really looking forward to it. My final goal weight is the weight i was 5 yrars ago and the goal i had for this challenge was a mini goal i just had in my mind.

Have a nice weekend everyone.
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    My current weight is 176. I've lost 17 pounds since I started MFP and I started this challenge within days of joining the site.
    I reached my goal weight by going to the middle of my ideal weight for my age and height. I'm not sure if I will make my goal weight by the end of the summer I can only hope LOL... though I am going to stick to it till I do and I'm going to do my best to stay within my weight range for my height and age.
    I know from past experience when I was younger that I looked almost anorexic at the lower range of the weight range for my height, hence the middle. Once I reach that weight or get close to approaching it, I will know if it's the right decision or not and adjust at that time.
  • stariera
    I tried on two piece bathing suits last night... am very eager now to get my two piece for 4th of July weekend... I don't look awesome yet LOL but at least I know I look ok in them... just have to find the right one.
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Start weight week 1: 127
    Current weight: 125
    Total Loss: 2 pounds
    This week: Lost .5

Doing well. I hope to keep it up. Have a great week.
  • stariera
    Anyone know the link to this weeks thread. I've lost another pound so am now at 175. I've lost 18 pounds since starting MFP and started this challenge within days of starting MFP.
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Anyone know the link to this weeks thread. I've lost another pound so am now at 175. I've lost 18 pounds since starting MFP and started this challenge within days of starting MFP.

No up yet :frown:
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    I forgot to respond last week. No change here. I didnt work out too much as I had a foot injury. I'm thinking I may restart the push phase of ChaLean since it's been 2 weeks now.
This discussion has been closed.