I'm so embarrassed . . .

Options
Two days this week, I've eaten almost 3000 calories. No day this week has been really great. I haven't met my exercise goal yet and I feel like crap. To top it all off, this week isn't likely to get better because I'm fast approaching my period. :sad: I had a really awesome week last week. I've lost six pounds in a month. I'm so proud of what I've done so far but I'm so bummed by what I'm doing now. Help me break the cycle! I want to be healthier and thinner, not fatter and in denial!

Replies

• faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    Two days this week, I've eaten almost 3000 calories. No day this week has been really great. I haven't met my exercise goal yet and I feel like crap. To top it all off, this week isn't likely to get better because I'm fast approaching my period. :sad: I had a really awesome week last week. I've lost six pounds in a month. I'm so proud of what I've done so far but I'm so bummed by what I'm doing now. Help me break the cycle! I want to be healthier and thinner, not fatter and in denial!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    You just have to dust yourself off and get back in the game. Dwelling on it will only make you feel worse. ps- you probably overate because you're pms-ing silly! :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    The best way to break the cycle is to think about this tomorrow. Plan your meals accordingly. Exercise as much as possible to give you those extra calories. Come back and read this post!! The week before my TOM, I am a bottomless pit when it comes to food consumption. I can relate. Drink as much water (or flavored water) as you can. The more room taken up by liquid, the less room for food!!

It's okay honey. Take it one day at a time. Tonight will be good. Tomorrow will be better. Head up! :wink:
  • LAPETITERUSE
    Options
    down a bunch of water and chew gum anytime a craving or yearning hits... force feed yourself healthy food if that's what it takes. Just do whatever you can to resist the temptation. It will pass!!!! Keep your head up :-) We all encounter valleys of weakness.
  • cattgrrrl
    Options
    Nobody is perfect! We all have bumps in the road. But if you dwell on doing "badly" it will snowball and you won't get back on track. Just remember every single day is a new day.
  • faythe
    Options
    You just have to dust yourself off and get back in the game. Dwelling on it will only make you feel worse. ps- you probably overate because you're pms-ing silly! :flowerforyou:

Oh my gosh, I know it's PMS, because I have mood swings like it's nobody's business (well, I'm sure my husband wished it wasn't his business!) on top of it. I have an IUD, and it seems like even the small amount of added hormones it's giving me is causing some serious mental damage. Somebody threw a grenade in my brain! :sad:
  • faythe
    Options
    down a bunch of water and chew gum anytime a craving or yearning hits... force feed yourself healthy food if that's what it takes. Just do whatever you can to resist the temptation. It will pass!!!! Keep your head up :-) We all encounter valleys of weakness.

That's how I've been handling it. I'm doing the Slimquick thing with the water packets and it's helping to keep me from going ape on every piece of chocolate/every single potato chip/every fast food place I come across.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing last week and decided on Wednesday that I didn't want to be who I was being! I pulled my hand out of the cookie jar and slapped it with my other one!

You just have to pick yourself back up girl and get back on track.

Here...you can ride on my wagon with me while yours is broken!:flowerforyou:
  • jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options
    I have those very weird and strong mood swings around that time of the month too-- I go from happy and normal to depressed and suicidal in a matter of seconds -- and sometimes all it take is a look! -

This is what my doctor said to do for it--
    1.drink more water so the hormones are more diluted
    2.take birth control pills like yaz or orvo anything - they keep away the major hormone jumps
    3. take magnesium daily- this will inprove your mood soooo much
    4. make sure you are eating properly

He said those 4 things should keep me leveled out during those hard times -- I am not currently on the pill and I can tell - i am just coming down off of that time of the month and last night I swear I thought the worst things about my husband! and he is a wonderfull man! I hate being a girl sometimes!!!:grumble:
  • jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options
    I have those very weird and strong mood swings around that time of the month too-- I go from happy and normal to depressed and suicidal in a matter of seconds -- and sometimes all it take is a look! -

This is what my doctor said to do for it--
    1.drink more water so the hormones are more diluted
    2.take birth control pills like yaz or orvo anything - they keep away the major hormone jumps
    3. take magnesium daily- this will inprove your mood soooo much
    4. make sure you are eating properly

He said those 4 things should keep me leveled out during those hard times -- I am not currently on the pill and I can tell - i am just coming down off of that time of the month and last night I swear I thought the worst things about my husband! and he is a wonderfull man! I hate being a girl sometimes!!!:grumble:

OH and absolutly NO chocolate- and this does work -- probably my problem all along is the addiction more than the hormones! chocolate is addictive and it leads to drops in hormones inthe brain which trigger depression! think about it - we know it has stuff in it that makes you happy but they don't ever talk about the down side after the high!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Fayth, I've been where you are and it's not fun. That feeling like crap thing is how you used to feel all the time. Realize how far you've come.

Nothing changes your mood like success. Decide right now that you are going to follow your plan fo 24 hours, nothing is going to stnd in your way. Then do it. You'll be amazed what a different place your brain with be in when you eat healthy and exercise for 24 hours.Start right now, you'll never regret it.
  • mamakitty
    Options
    I am so utterly embarrased. If completed my food log for today and it said that if I ate like I did today I would gain 10 pounds in 5 weeks. I feel like such a complete loser. I don't even want to look at myself in the mirror. Pitty party for me I guess.