Cottage cheese...?

Options

Replies

• STR0NGisSEXY
    STR0NGisSEXY Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    depends on what kind it is. i really can't do the fat free stuff. my favorite is breakstone 2%, which i can eat plain.
    otherwise i really like it with fruit. especially pineapples. also good with mandarin oranges.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options

WOW. Well, when I said I didn't think I couldn't eat it plain I meant the whole container because I do like it plain sometimes. Some people buy things to try them and realize they don't like it plain so they ask for suggestions on how to doctor it up.

Sorry. No offense intended. I just see a lot of posts about how to make cottage cheese palatable to MFP users who don't like it (at all), and I thought this was that.
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    depends on what kind it is. i really can't do the fat free stuff. my favorite is breakstone 2%, which i can eat plain.
    otherwise i really like it with fruit. especially pineapples. also good with mandarin oranges.

I got fat free small curd. :P Is the taste difference big?
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I like it plain too but I especially like it a couple of times a week for breakfast with a little bit of cinnaom, or with any one of a number of different fresh fruits, but especially with fresh blueberries. Mmmm
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I like it plain too but I especially like it a couple of times a week for breakfast with a little bit of cinnaom, or with any one of a number of different fresh fruits, but especially with fresh blueberries. Mmmm
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I find there's a big texture difference bet. regular & fat-free, similar to the difference between drinking whole & skim milk.
  • thinkthin1234
    Options
    I assume since you are a fellow Iowan you bought AE cottage cheese?!!! I don't care for the FF but the 2% and 4% is AMAZING! =P
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    im the black sheep, i love it plain...you can always add some fuit to it....pineapple, peaches, mandarin slices....????

I love it plain too! Actually that's the only way I like it...
  • delselva
    delselva Posts: 1
    Options
    I add a tablespoon of picante sauce.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i <3 it plain, sometimes with a little salt or sugar on top. my granny likes to add jello mix and pineapple to it and everyone loves that.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Plain is the best or with a little bit of pineapple!
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    on toasted rye bread
    in a scooped out tomato with a bit of black pepper
    plain
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I like it plain, but you can also use it in a smoothie or as the binder for tuna or chicken salad.
  • RosieGB33nz
    RosieGB33nz Posts: 142
    Options
    Bump
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm loving all of these suggestions(:
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I cant believe im the only one to suggest this one!....Since i have a total sweet tooth i mix about 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with about 2 teaspoons (or to taste) of blueberry preserves (you can use any flavor jams, or jellies also) it makes it taste AMAZING kind of like a desert! MMMMM....
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    hehe cottage cheese sounds grose!
    Maybe one day i will try it tho...
    I look forward to eating you cottagey cheese!

- Sorry lil bit hypo...
  • tiaydew
    tiaydew Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I like it plain too but some of these suggestions sound really good! I use CC alot as a garnish or add-in for alot of the things I eat.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I like it with fruit, especially berries. It also makes a really fluffy scrambled egg. Just add a bit instead of cheese or milk.
  • chizzledfrmstone
    Options
    Sometimes I mix in pineapple or strawberry jam. FF CC is probably the most amazing source of pre-bed protein I can think of and up until last week it had been a staple in my diet for 3 years.