Hello!! New to this site

Options
Hello, I am new to this website and to posting on message boards.

I started this site on the 1st, I had seen someone with status updates on their facebook page and decided to take a look at the site.

At first I thought my lack of motivation was my biggest enemy and after watching calories and tracking everything I eat and drink, I think my eating habits have been my biggest enemy. I have ALOT of weight I would like to lose and would like this to become a lifestyle change and not just a quickie weight loss.

During this first week I have gone to the gym 2 days and did 1 day of pilates at home and I have stayed within my calorie count but have been over on protein 2 or three days this week.

Does anyone have any advice on how to keep the motivation up after the first couple of days or weeks?

Replies

• alibreasy
    alibreasy Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great site for your weightloss journey. It is filled with very motivated people and the breakdown you get on your food and exercise is to die for. My journey started back in January of 2010 and since then I have lost 61 pounds....since I've been on this site I've lost 7 pounds, which I've been on here for about 4 weeks now. Each day is a new day and you are granted new mercies daily. I would say take it a day at a time. Remember your goals...I'd start off with small goals, even if you have a lot of weight to lose. I had a lost of weight to lose too. I lost 60% if what I want to lose and am still pushing forward. Now, do I have bad days...do we all have relapses into our old ways, YEAH! But we get back on the wagon and never let those old habits win or continue to cheat us out of our lives! We owe it to ourselves to be healthy and whole! Anytime you want a pep talk, get on here and start talking to people, it is important to have like-minded people in your corner cheering you on! And feel free to add me...I know how rough it can be. Wishing you much success! ;-)
  • Melinda1987
    Melinda1987 Posts: 130
    Options
    You've made the 2 best first steps you can make - #1 You started!! Which is always the hardest part. And #2 You came to this site. Log on daily and read posts and let other see your diary. When you need an extra boost of motivation go to th SUCCESS area of the message boards and look at all the pics of people who have made life changes there! Welcome to the New You :flowerforyou: