Running Sports Bra

Options
Hey Girls, I need help finding an AWESOME sports bra. I am not very big but my boobs hurt so bad when I go running (even a mild jog). Its not a hormonal sensitive pain; its a pain from floppin around! I don't want to result in wearing 2 bras. Anybody have great experience with a sports bra?

Also, when I get to my goal weight, I am getting breast implants (I have unevenness). Ladies that have had implants-Do you have trouble running? Are they bothersome?

By the way I where a 38C or 36D but its mostly because I am a bigger girl, not big boobs :(

Replies

• horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Personally, nike sports bras work wonders for me. But you'll have to go try some on to make sure what is the best style and fit for your body. I'm a 34C, so I don't have quite that much trouble, but the girls do need to stay in place!
    I'd recommend going to your nearest sporting good store and trying on a few. I've heard girls say they love the nike bras as well as under amour. And if you're looking for a bit cheaper, adidas has some decent ones too.

Here's a link to the nike one I SWEAR by.. and the price isn't bad either :)

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?sitesrc=uslp=#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-380936/pgid-282969

Good luck!
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Ennell. Hands down best. Pricey. Worth EVERY penny.
  • Kathy11174
    Kathy11174 Posts: 82
    Options
    I was in the same situation 2 weeks ago and I found one at Reebok that was awesome. I tried on the ones at Nike and New Balance and they did not have as much support. Just remember when you are trying them on to jump around in the dressing room!! I know that sounds silly but you have to know how its going to do! Good luck!!
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I actually read an article last week about this. A study showed that D cup breasts will move 35 inches (in all directions) during a run while size B's will hardly move at all! The article recommended a sports bra that has dividers so that each 'girl' has her own cup. Other than that - just make sure it is not too big - I have lost enough weight that mine are getting too big and, well, its not good!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I like the Nike sports bras. I am a 38D and I have one that totally keeps the girls in place!

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?sitesrc=uslp=#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-380941/pgid-314199/sz-XL
  • iangelgirl
    Options
    The Lululemon Ta Ta Tamer is the best one I've tried, hands down. I used to wear a sports bra with a supportive yoga top, but with the tamer, it's all I need for support. I'm a 34D and I do a lot of running and cross training and I since I started wearing them, the worry of bouncing never crosses my mine. The straps are thick and cushioned, 3 hooks in the back, and the adjustor pieces stay in place really well. I rarely have to check and tighten it. It has separate cups so the girls are well supported and there's no uni-boob. I admit I tried it on just for the name, but now I recommend it to all my friends based on its performance.