Losing the baby weight

Options
So I'm about 5 lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight but I feel like I am still so much bigger (even after the last 5 lbs). Has anyone else had this problem? Do you lose a lot of muscle when your pregnant???

Replies

• rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I lost muscle but that's because I didn't exercise enough. My weight redistributed itself in different places too. So although I weigh the same now as I did pre-preg.. My clothes fit different so i'm trying to tone up while losing weight.
  • natersmama
    natersmama Posts: 157
    Options
    i'm FINALLY back at my pre baby weight. and i do feel bigger than i was. not really my lower half bc i can fit into my jeans from before my son. but my tummy is bigger and squishier than it ever was. but i had a c-section. so i kinda expected that. if thats where you're feeling bigger, i think its just from where the muscles separate when you're pregnant. it take a long time to tighten and strengthen them.
  • gabeswife
    gabeswife Posts: 5
    Options
    Is this your first baby? I found even when I got back to prepregnancy weight that my body was just not ever the same. Yes, I lost muscle. I felt so awful with all 4 pregnancies that I felt like I was a big lump for most of the nine months. Everything seems to stretch out so differently as well. I think the key for me was realizing that this was a new body; this is the boy that made and fed my children. I just had and have to have new goals. I want to be healthy and feeling fit. I had to throw my old body ideas out. Pretty sure there isn't anything that diet and exercise can do to fix almost 6 years of nursing!
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    yes, i am around my pre-preg weight...maybe 2lbs over(i had 2kids within a year of each other) and i feel nowhere near as slim or toned as i was before having them...i really don't think my body will be the same ever again
  • tiffanyquincey
    Options
    I know how you feel. I actually weigh less that I did before becoming pregnant and my pre-pregnancy pants still don't fit right. I think weight is just distributed differently because I know my hips are bigger now.
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. You finally reach your pre-pregnancy weight and realize your body is totally different than before!! For me it's mostly my stomach, that's what I'm working to get rid of. I'm actually below my pre-pregnancy weight now, but my belly still looks bigger. Gaahh!!