Indoor Exercise Question

Options
Hey, so.. yesterday I did 75 squats in a row which I know may not sound like a lot, but I've always had a hard time with squats for some reason (muscles are pretty undeveloped I guess), anyway now my legs are REALLY sore.. I want to exercise but every time I move, my legs protest.. ha.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows of any exercises I can do inside that would be a good workout but not cause my legs to hurt much more?

Replies

• estevo66
    estevo66 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Stretch before you workout. You may have to work with the pain for a while.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    yoga or ballet body conditioning?
  • kebab75
    kebab75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would suggest not trying kettlebells then cos i couldnt walk for days the forst couple of times x
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    BUMP

I want to check back later and see if anyone has come up with a way to sit on your *kitten* watching the boob tube and still lose weight! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Check out liveexercise.com or bodyrock.tv
  • dgarblik
    dgarblik Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LauraLLee
    LauraLLee Posts: 210
    Options
    One thing that will help with soreness of muscles is water intake and vitamin c. My Massage therapist says 2000 mg of Vitamin C. It works!
  • BastaConLaPasta
    Options
    I have downloaded an interval timer app to my iPhone. With my imaginary jump rope and the TV on, I wear my HRM and do 15 x minute intervals. The 2 minutes are broken down into 2 sets of high and 2 sets of low, so I double jump on the high and a rolling/ hop jump on the low. I'm 131lb and this achieves about a 225 kcal burn
  • coderchris
    coderchris Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Switch it up and do upper body the next day or just walk.. Then work yourself into squats slowly, when I first started I could not do a squat now I can do a whole Jillian Michaels workout without it bothering my legs. Do not sit still you will get stiff. Keep it up...
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Squats always kill my legs the next couple of days. To avoid that i tend to avoid doing a lot of squats. Not a lot of help i know.
  • TanajaP
    TanajaP Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    any time my body is really hurting from a workout i usually attempt to work out the next day anyways. the first 5-10 minutes might feel like hell but my body is no where near as sore afterwards and even the day after
  • prtykekedd
    prtykekedd Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Rub yourself down ith some green alcohol and the soreness will go away pretty quickly. Keep doing squats for them to get easier and use a sturdy chair in your house to do push ups and sit up. You can also sit on the floor and do leg raises, jump rope,run in place, if you have a 2-story run the stairs, lift some can goods, there are a ton of things you can do.
  • xxsweet
    xxsweet Posts: 21
    Options
    A few of these are really helpful, thanks!