Can't Stop Eating!!

Options
It's the same every day-I get home from work and I'm am SO hungry that I have my planned supper at 5:30-6:00, still feel hungry, but manage to stop eating. Tonight, however, I am so hungry and I just can't stop!! I'm 61 calories over my range, and that includes exercise calories, but I still want more food :( The sad thing is I haven't even exercised yet. I'm still waiting for DH to get home. Anyway-Just needed to vent...I was hoping it would help me stay out of the kitchen until I go run!

Replies

• NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    It's the same every day-I get home from work and I'm am SO hungry that I have my planned supper at 5:30-6:00, still feel hungry, but manage to stop eating. Tonight, however, I am so hungry and I just can't stop!! I'm 61 calories over my range, and that includes exercise calories, but I still want more food :( The sad thing is I haven't even exercised yet. I'm still waiting for DH to get home. Anyway-Just needed to vent...I was hoping it would help me stay out of the kitchen until I go run!
  • Fit2btied
    Options
    If possible, you need to be eating mini-meals every 3-4 hours along with plenty of water. If you did that, you would stop feeling so hungry at night. Can you keep small snack sized baggies of healthy choices at work for in between meals? Cereal, nuts, fruit, whole grain crackers and cheese, dried fruit, etc. Also, once you've eaten your meal, clean up and get out of the kitchen. It takes about twenty minutes for your body to recognize your full. Try to plan your meals ahead of time so you can spread out your calorie intake throughout the day. Go enjoy your run and drink plenty of water! Sometimes we can mistake being hungry for thirsty. And you might try a multi-vitamin and see if that helps. Sometimes we continue to crave food b/c something is missing from our diet. Good luck to you and your journey to good health!:flowerforyou:
  • charlie1173
    Options
    Hang a picture of a really fat person on your fridge.... It'll help.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Have something healthy. an apple? and go for a long walk later tonight. You're just starting out here and it does take your body time to adjust to getting fewer calories.
  • NewMK08
    Options

HaHa! That makes me smile...Yes, I'll try it, but I'm sure my husband will be so confused!
  • sebaseth
    sebaseth Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Try to cut all sugar from your diet.....for some reason that will make you think you are hungry. I take a multivitamin everyday and flaxseed capsules. I also sip on water everyday and try to get in atleast 8 glasses. Your are just starting so its a little rough the first couple weeks. Just remember why you want to lose weight and just picture yourself at your goal weight. This will all be worth it, just wait and see. If you still feel hungry snack on fruit or veggies!!!
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    I hear ya!

I buy sugar-free popsicles (theyre I think 15 calories) and eat one when I feel a craving. It helps me! Or if you are going to go over, try to stick to healthy foods like fruit or carrot sticks.
  • charlie1173
    Options
    Eat during the day... But you have to avoid eating at night. Late night eating is the worst thing to do to yourself, in my humble opinion.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    My problem too.

I hang skinny people on my frige and a picture of fat me. right over the handle so you have to look at it
  • NewMK08
    Options
    Thank you all for your help and advice! I normally plan to have a snack in the afternoon, but when I pack it and bring it with me to work, I end up eating it before 10:00! :ohwell:

This morning I left it in the car and will bring it in after my lunch break, so today I won't be ravenous when supper time rolls around!

I also like the idea of cutting out, or at least cutting back on sugar. I read in a magazine that the artificial sweetener in diet sodas can make you think you're hungry when you're not, and I've noticed that after I finish drinking a diet soda I want to snack more.

Diet sodas will be one of the first things to go, I guess. So hard! But I can do it!

Thanks again!!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Chew sugar free gum! It helps me a lot!:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Eat a banana at 4pm. It'll fill you up enough that you won't be ravenous at dinner time and gorge yourself. A banana only has 100 calories (roughly).

If I don't eat around 4pm, I end up munching while cooking dinner and kill my calories for the day.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options

What motivated me to start a program was a pictuture of REALLY FAT PERSON
    ME!! I saw a picture of me and 2 friends at a picnic (how ironic) and i realized i was as big as both of them put together yikes!! its a motivator:flowerforyou: