I've reached my goals! From size 14/16 to a size 6!

Options
merguson
merguson Posts: 281 Member
Okay, so...I've been on MFP over the years, but in Sept of 2010 I got pretty serious about losing weight and especially, being healthy. It has been quite a journey. I've learned about portion control, nutrition and exercise. In Sept. I started walking every day on my lunch break for 45 minutes. In Dec. I had my annual physical at the doctors and got the best news!! I learned that I was finally in the healthy bmi, my blood pressure was perfect as was my blood/glucose test! I was overjoyed! THose were my most important goals. When the weather turned bitter and snowy/icy in Feb. I started couch to 5k. I'm now running 5k on the treadmill every other morning and still walking every day on my lunch. MFP and it's community has been an integral part of my weight loss. I thank eveyone! i have now lost 40 pounds and have gone from a size 14/16 to a 6!

Before Pics
877582_7313_thumb.jpg
877582_3969_thumb.jpg

After Pics
Copy2ofErinsWedding003.jpg
Copy2ofErinsWedding010.jpg

Replies

• LimeyTart
    LimeyTart Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look wonderful.
  • stephanieGmo
    Options
    way to go! thanks for the inspiration!
  • merguson
    Options
    Not sure why the pics came out thumbnail size, but i think your get the idea. :)
  • jlyn74
    jlyn74 Posts: 21
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! I've been working on health/weight for about 10 months now & I'm about halfway to my goal. MFP really, REALLY helps. Best wishes!!!
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    :happy: CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

I know that it takes TONS of hard work & dedication!
    (I did the same exact thing...16 to a 6/8) :wink:
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    Thats incredible! Congrats, you must feel amazing! :)
  • kel1kel
    kel1kel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!
  • kpovich
    kpovich Posts: 27
    Options
    Conratulations on all your hard work!!!! You look AMAZING!!!!!! You should be very proud of yourself!!!!!
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! U look fabulous and I am sure you feel even better....
  • MTtobeHOT
    MTtobeHOT Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and give me such inspiration and continued motivation. Thanks for sharing!! :flowerforyou:
  • trac3
    trac3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you ~ that is so awesome!!!:flowerforyou: The blood work is a wonderful bonus ~ you are doing great things for your body, inside and out!!!:bigsmile: Be very very proud of yourself ~ it is so encouraging for me to see other people reaching their goals!

BTW, you look beautiful!:smile:
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fabulous. WTG!
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    That is amazing! Thanks for sharing!
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing.well done you have done fantastic
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, Thanks for sharing!
  • merguson
    Options
    Thank you for all the kind words! I do feel amazing! I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd ever be this small! I think my biggest realization is that no one can do this for me. It was something I had to do and in order to do it I had to work hard and push myself. Proper diet and exercise really does work!! You all can do it too. :smile:
  • urrkadurka
    urrkadurka Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Im new to the site, and seeing posts like this really motivates me.
  • JigglyPig
    JigglyPig Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'M a size 14/16! I didn't think I could even shoot for a size 6! I was just thinking..size 10ish. But...a 6 is possible!? I am so, so inspired.. Wonderful job. You look gorgeous.
  • merguson
    Options
    Wow. I'M a size 14/16! I didn't think I could even shoot for a size 6! I was just thinking..size 10ish. But...a 6 is possible!? I am so, so inspired.. Wonderful job. You look gorgeous.

I was thinking the exact same way! Any other time I lost weight, I aimed for a size 10. A size 6 IS absolutely possible! You can do what ever you set your mind to! And thankyou!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Congratulation to u!!! I now know it is possible for me to aim for a size 6. I've always wanted to fit single digit. Thanks for this post.. U gave me the motivation to keep pushing myself :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!