Can't reach total calories urgh

JaniceWoodworth
JaniceWoodworth Posts: 7
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
I have been on a lifestyle change for 4 weeks now. As frustrating as it is and difficult too I can't seem to hit my calorie intake. I always seem to be between 200-600 lower than I should be. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have lost almost 5lbs which is great for 4 weeks and I don't want to do too much more than that at a months time but seriously does anyone ever hit it right on the nose or get close?

Replies

• I have been on a lifestyle change for 4 weeks now. As frustrating as it is and difficult too I can't seem to hit my calorie intake. I always seem to be between 200-600 lower than I should be. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have lost almost 5lbs which is great for 4 weeks and I don't want to do too much more than that at a months time but seriously does anyone ever hit it right on the nose or get close?
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    one word big mac
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    It may be hard but you need to eat the calories mfp says or close to (within 100) or else you will damage your metabolism. one bad day of eating and you will find yourself a pound heavier on the scale
    This thread has some great info on why you will sabotage your weight loss goals if you dont eat all your cals
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing
    Hope that helps:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Add a night time or midday snack (or both!) to your eating schedule. Fruit, hummus, yogurt, carrots & dip, something healthy that'll fill up your belly & help up your calories & your metabolism
  • One good way to get more calories would to eat more good fats. Try cooking your foods in healthy fats like a little olive or canola oil. Using full fat oil and vinegar type dressings on your salads help, too. Eating a small handful of nuts and/or seeds, which are full of good fats, are also a good way to up your calories without doing too much damage. Good luck!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    I have been on a lifestyle change for 4 weeks now. As frustrating as it is and difficult too I can't seem to hit my calorie intake. I always seem to be between 200-600 lower than I should be. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have lost almost 5lbs which is great for 4 weeks and I don't want to do too much more than that at a months time but seriously does anyone ever hit it right on the nose or get close?

Oh this is so a problem that I'd like to have! I only have that many calories left over when I have a really intense workout that burns a lot of calories...and I don't have those super intense workouts all that often...
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    What about going for a glass of milk? I usually do this at night if I am needing to kill some calories but don't want to puff my tummy up with food late at night.

Will this work for you?
  • PrincessLaundry
    one word big mac

LOL That's two. I see how the calorie counting goes for you! :laugh: MEN! LOL

j/k friend...I love Big Macs!!! YUM!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    What about going for a glass of milk? I usually do this at night if I am needing to kill some calories but don't want to puff my tummy up with food late at night.

Will this work for you?

MMMMMM my favorite snack is FF milk with no sugar added Nesquick...I don't care about the artificial sugars LOL, I sometimes need chocolate!! :love:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    one word big mac

ummm...that's two words :tongue:

edit: guess I've learned not to be a smarta$$ before reading the previous posts...PrincessLaundry beat me to it...:flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    one word big mac

ummm...that's two words :tongue:

edit: guess I've learned not to be a smarta$$ before reading the previous posts...PrincessLaundry beat me to it...:flowerforyou:

LOL
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    One word:tongue: : cookies n cream ice cream covered with chocolate syrup after dinner every night.

I SAVE calories for that nightly :bigsmile:
  • Thanks for all the suggestions!!! I will see what I can do. I guess that last stretch of 60lbs is the hardest. It wasn't that hard to lose 100 but I guess I will have to work harder and hit my calories every night.

Thanks again,
    Janice from FL.
  • jnb0203
    jnb0203 Posts: 59 Member
    I have had the same problem!!!! I was barely even getting close. So i started (if you like them which I do) drinking a slimfast. it adds an extra 180 calories and I really love the strawberries 'n cream. I will drink it sometime after dinner but not too close to when I go to bed.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    NUTZZZZZZZZ

LOL

When I have cals left I always eat organic peanut butter or almonds. Yummy and 200 fals, good fats!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Peanut butter.

I use one Tbsp on wheat bread , a sprinkle of ground flax seed, and a half cup of 2% milk.
This discussion has been closed.