Seeking an explination

Options
Hey guys....just looking for an explination to a weird thingy...

In the past two weeks I've some how managed to lose two dress sizes, with very little exercise (in my opinion) and only eating well.
Weird thing is is that I've actually gained about 4 pounds.

So....a) is it healthy to lose that much size in so little time
and b) .....why did I gain weight....?

Replies

• jonikeffer
    jonikeffer Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Interesting! Clearly since you haven't been trying to lose weight via exercise, this is not a gain of 4 lbs of muscle. Also, 4 lbs of muscle is a lot to gain in a short period, so even if you had been exercising, it would be unlikely that is was muscle gain. But obviously you're doing something right with your diet. All I can say is that I'm jealous and I haven't lost 2 sizes yet even with a 10 lb loss. I'll wait to hear what others have to say. :wink:
  • autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    Options
    Explanation i dont know.... Sometimes you carry water weight. Also i notice my lbs are slowing but i am loosing inches. Good Luck hope you find out would love to know.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Was it a specific dress or is everything in your closet big?

If it specific - I easily vary up to 2 sizes based on the style of the dress so it could be that.

I have no idea if it is that everything in your closet is big.
  • Dean31
    Dean31 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Maybe something is wrong with your scales. Try weighing yourself on a different one.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    or you HAVE lost a bunch of weight and are now bloated/retaining water because it's PMS time? So you can't tell on the scale right now?

Just keep doing what you're doing. :laugh:
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    You're now being enlightened on the deception of the scale! :smile: Many times we lose inches before the scale reflects our smaller size. Gaining 4 lbs. could be lots of things. You could be retaining some water; if your scale has been moved to a different spot on the floor, that could also show a different reading. My rule of thumb is to go first by how clothes fit, and then the scale and measuring tape as secondary measurements.
  • robin52077
    Options
    You're now being enlightened on the deception of the scale! :smile: Many times we lose inches before the scale reflects our smaller size. Gaining 4 lbs. could be lots of things. You could be retaining some water; if your scale has been moved to a different spot on the floor, that could also show a different reading. My rule of thumb is to go first by how clothes fit, and then the scale and measuring tape as secondary measurements.

yes, here is an AWESOME thread about this very subject:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/199382-why-the-scale-lies?hl=scale+lies&page=1#posts-2637214
  • MeenaSimmons
    MeenaSimmons Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Interesting! Clearly since you haven't been trying to lose weight via exercise, this is not a gain of 4 lbs of muscle. Also, 4 lbs of muscle is a lot to gain in a short period, so even if you had been exercising, it would be unlikely that is was muscle gain. But obviously you're doing something right with your diet. All I can say is that I'm jealous and I haven't lost 2 sizes yet even with a 10 lb loss. I'll wait to hear what others have to say. :wink:

I'm in the same boat....
  • killthesmiley
    killthesmiley Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    or you HAVE lost a bunch of weight and are now bloated/retaining water because it's PMS time? So you can't tell on the scale right now?

Just keep doing what you're doing. :laugh:

This actually makes sense this week!!! haha

It was a loss of ...every pants I own. I had to buy a belt and second hand pants this week for work just to keep up.
    This week I've been working out a lot as I'm trying to get a goal weight...

But apparently my body just has a goal size. Maybe I should work on size rather then weight lol
  • robin52077
    Options

Maybe I should work on size rather then weight lol

This is the smartest thing anyone has said all day.
    :smile: