Hello out there!

JaniceWoodworth
JaniceWoodworth Posts: 7
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Good Evening,

My name is Janice and I have been through every diet out there as many of you have. Over the course of 6 years I have lost over 100lbs but I still have 60 to go. My 3rd child seem to zap my system out of whack......but then again I did just go over 30 and everything tends to slow after that. I know a lot about weight loss and can give good advice however, following it is different. :)

I hope you ladies (and men) have luck on your new lifestyle change.

Janice

Replies

• Good Evening,

My name is Janice and I have been through every diet out there as many of you have. Over the course of 6 years I have lost over 100lbs but I still have 60 to go. My 3rd child seem to zap my system out of whack......but then again I did just go over 30 and everything tends to slow after that. I know a lot about weight loss and can give good advice however, following it is different. :)

I hope you ladies (and men) have luck on your new lifestyle change.

Janice
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Welcome lady!!!

You will love it here!!! Keep up the fantabulous work! How did you lose the first 100? I bet you will have some great ideas to share with everyone! YEY YOU!:flowerforyou:
  • :flowerforyou: Hi
  • :happy: Hello and welcome! your knowledge and help will be valued and appreciated! Good luck to you in your fitness goals
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Welcome, Janice! :flowerforyou: Best wishes for a healthier you!
  • My 1st 100lbs was lost through walking 3 miles a day, cutting my portion sizes in half, and surprise a combo of Herbalife and LA Weight Loss. Both taught me how to eat even if the LA Weight Loss didn't work for me, Herbalife helped me control my cravings and gave me the vitamins I needed through the day.
  • hello janice... i would love to hear more about how you lost your weight! what a inspiration!
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Hi Janice~ Nice to meet you! I hope you enjoy mfp....
  • First order of business was trying to find the right DIET for me. Once I realized that the word DIET was horrible word I changed it to Lifestyle Change. Every 3 months I shake up my lifestyle by eating differently and working out differently. Each season gives you new food to shake up your system with and with each change of the season I would rotate between Yoga and Palates, Gym, walking 3 miles a day, and swimming (depending on the season). Once you find the right fit you hit a point where nothing changes (weight or inches) so you need to shake it up a bit in order to stay on track.

My inspiration was myself to be honest. I got tired of going through jeans (they would alway rip when i would sit). Being a military spouse my husband is very lean and one night while laying in bed I noticed that I could make two of him which depressed me to no end. When my daughters were finally able to get their arms around my waist while hugging me I almost cried cause they were so excited for me.

Now getting off the weight is hard but the one thing I find harder is actually seeing myself getting skinner. What I mean by this is a lot of people will actually still see themselves as a "large" person even after losing a bunch of weight.
    You have to be able to step back from the mirror and see yourself as you actually are. I have a stand up mirror in my bedroom which I had my husband draw my outline on before I started. Every morning I look into that mirror so I can actually see the differences otherwise I would still see myself as a 24W.

Good Luck and I hope this helps!
    Smiles,
    Janice from FL
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    You have to be able to step back from the mirror and see yourself as you actually are. I have a stand up mirror in my bedroom which I had my husband draw my outline on before I started. Every morning I look into that mirror so I can actually see the differences otherwise I would still see myself as a 24W.

I LOVE this mirror idea!
This discussion has been closed.