What's your favorite low cal snack? or meal?

Options
HELP! I need some good ideas folks. I am getting bored with food that I can eat. I need to get a little more variety in my diet, but seem to be in a rut.

What is your favorite low cal snack? or meal?

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Protein based snacks will help you stay full. Try Cottage Cheese, Greek Yogurt, Reduced Fat Peanut Butter, String Cheese.

Good Luck!
  • Steph_Gabriele
    Options
    I'm loving frozen green grapes especially since it's summer....they taste sweeter when you freeze them, so in moderation they taste like candy....curbs that sweet tooth with something healthy
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you have been eating, so my meals/snacks might be boring to you :)

I like greek yogurt w/ berries. For a quick throw together/healthy meal, I sautee a bunch of veggies (whatever I have in the house...which is usually: red/orange peppers, edamame soybeans, zucchini, asparagus) & put them over brown rice. Have also done those veggies in whole wheat penne & added some feta cheese to it (so yummy).

I *think* that my diary is public, so feel free to take a peek....Be warned, it's not always the most healthy...
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm loving frozen green grapes especially since it's summer....they taste sweeter when you freeze them, so in moderation they taste like candy....curbs that sweet tooth with something healthy
    LOVE frozen grapes (red ones for me). They're the best. I've been doing this for years!
  • Hosk6249
    Hosk6249 Posts: 1
    Options
    I love hummus dip (especially roasted garlic or red pepper) with carrot sticks and broccoli instead of pita bread. I make hummus with less olive oil and sub greek yogurt and a bit of chicken stock instead.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i like certain flavors of balance bars; cookie dough is great, as is double chocolate brownie.

some clif bars are awesome.

also, morning star farms has a meat free- hamburger that's 130 cals. with a 150 cal bun and ketchup / mustard, that's 300 cals and very little fat. and it tastes pretty good.
  • jane130
    jane130 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love the Zone Fudge graham protein bars (210 calories).

Also, a good homemade turkey sandwich always hits the spot. I get the more pricey deli meat and cheese and pile it high with veggies like tomato, sprouts, and pickles. Make it on whole wheat bread and add some honey mustard, so good! (about 350-400 calories)
  • shaverkl191
    shaverkl191 Posts: 131
    Options
    I love having veggies and hummus for a snack. Sometimes to shake it up I'll try a different type of hummus like red pepper or sweet potato! Another good snack is cutting up an apple and dipping it in some peanut butter with a bit of cinnamon mixed in it!
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    fat free source yogurt (35 calories) and 1/3 cup of oatbran buds (80 calorie ) = 115 calories for a great snack and it gives you 11 grams of fiber - almost you daily goal...
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    low fat popcorn with some grapes, 2 graham crackers with crazy richards natural peanut butter, wheat thin crackers and laughing cow or 1 oz. low fat cheedar cheese, egg white omelet with some salsa, baked tortilla chips and salsa, wheat thins and spicy hummus, cucumbers, carrots, peppers, cherry tomatoes, celery and 1 tbls. low fat dressing, Fruit, cup of berries baked with cinnamon, pudding cup with a graham cracker crushed into it, fudge pop no sugar added, frozen banana, 1/2 cup of low sugar whole grain cereal, salad, grilled chicken......... depends on how many calories I have left or I want to use.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Wassa cracker with a very slight smidgen of fat free cream cheese...then put a thick slice of cucumber on top!
  • TheMrsFitnessGeek
    TheMrsFitnessGeek Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Friend me and check out my diary :)
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    granola bars. skinny cow ice cream. pickles. pop chips. pretzel m and m's
  • kshepherds
    kshepherds Posts: 20
    Options
    Low cal vanilla yogurt and coco powder to taste.. It gives me my chocolate fix for about 50 calories.. Some people love it others don't.. It's worth a try.

P.S. the better the yogurt the better the taste
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Protein snacks like Pepperoni sticks or slices, Beef Jerky , chicken strips, or small can of Tuna or chicken are best. When I'm hungry for chocolate Fiber one 90 calorie brownies,sugar free puddings, Klondike Slim A Bear no sugar ice cream bars.,salty I eat vending machine 2 oz peanuts can find at most stores 2/$100. Popcorn 100 calorie mini bags, chicken lettuce cups are great for snacking or a meal. Safeway carries Safeway select . Not knowing if your watching Carbs what diet plan your on maybe these suggestions will help get you started. Breakfast I like weight control Maple & Brown sugar oatmeal or regular oatmeal with sugar free jam mixed in for flavor. Safeway also carries pre made omelets called chef omelet 3 cheese is good & quick, EAS advantage Carb control french vanilla is quick meal or snack. Good luck from Kent Wa.
  • jazzhottie
    jazzhottie Posts: 45
    Options
    Hey thanks everyone for listing all of your fav's! I read at least 15 new things I had never thought to try! :-)

Good luck to you all in your journey :-)