Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    oats, veggies and beans for me
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

I love Fiber One bars! Had one of the Caramel ones this morning, but a generic that Fry's/Kroger sells, They are also very good and a lot cheaper.

That is good to know! I am going to check out Krogers brand because the are getting costly!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Fiber One and other high fiber cereal, whole fruits and vegetables...I went way over today, usually am spot on but my breakfast cereal alone had 13 grams of fiber in a serving...ya just gotta make sure you ease into it and drink lots of water :)
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    eat more nut,whole grains and dry beans
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Mine seems to come from Dave's Killer Bread, a little bit from shakes, oats, and a whole bunch from the bean in my turkey chili.
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    fresh whole fruits, veggies and whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    whole grains, fruits, vegetables, om nom nom.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    You will also have superhuman poops once you hit the 40g mark.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    One of the frozen veggie mixes I buy has 25g per serving! Thanks to Hanover's "Pennsylvania Mix" I'm at 40 for the day.
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, brown rice, millet, beans, beans and more beans, nuts, legumes, loads of veggies, and fresh fruit.

I once reached 45 in one day. And yeah, superhuman poops are the truth.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Berries are my new favorite treat! I can't say it enough: berries, berries, berries. I love blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. You get a lot of fiber from them (just add a little bit of vanilla soy or almond milk and a tiny bit of sugar and it's delicious!).

Plus, I have oatmeal every day which is a great source of fiber.

Best.

Debbie
    'Beans, Beans the magical fruit' - very true statement! I make a homemade navy bean and ground beef soup/chili that has 20 g. of fiber in 1 cup serving. Otherwise, granola and then veggies, lots of green veggies.
    I agree! Delicious Strawberries, blueberries, black berries:ohwell:

Beans, beans beans, so much you can do with beans! So healthy in carbs, protein and of course fiber! :smooched:

Remember, whole beans go great with a bit of Salsa in a Whole Wheat Tortilla, make yourself a Taco Salad, the possibilities if you're not a soup person are endless! :wink:

Plus if you buy dry beans in bulk, rinse, soak and cook them up yourself you're avoiding all the sodium in canned beans!:flowerforyou:
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I try to eat plenty of veggies and fruit. I also usally have oatmeal for breakfast, and love Fiber One bars as a snack. Walmart has some cheap no name brands that I like to buy.
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    i'm guilty of being one of those people. my fiber intake is just insane at about 30g-50g usually. processed bran has a LOT of fibre and i really like the taste so i try to limit it. 1 serving is about 15g fibre which is half of your daily needs. then i eat a lot of fruits and vegetables which have a lot of fibre. and in moderation i eat bread and beans. oats are good also :)
    and nuts!