Wish me luck!!

Options
So I want to lose weight. I have wanted to for a very long time. Well my best friend is getting married in September. I went and blindly ordered my dress. I got a few sizes bigger than what I was when I was in my cousins wedding.

Um should have tried it on. OMG it does NOT fit. So this is my sign...time to get my rear in gear and get in shape. I love the dress. It is gorgeous and I can't risk ruining my BFF's wedding by my dress not fitting, soooooo I have 92 days to get in shape. My ultimate goal is for the dress to be too big by the time her wedding comes around. I am just very very nervous because the longest I have ever stayed with a "healthy" lifestyle...is one week. And I was so happy with my results, but then I had vacation and my daughter was hospitalized and then Easter and then my birthday...I always had a reason to eat badly. I am so bad about making excuses.

I just need some support. I need to keep myself accountable this time - and I think this is a good way to do it, but I pray it doesn't blow up in my face. I can't believe I have gotten here. I weigh more now than when I DELIVERED my second child. That doesn't even make sense. UGH. I was trying to lose weight when I got pregnant 5 years ago for the first time and I was 190. It's just hard because I have such a long road ahead...I know it will be worth it, but I just hope this time I can stick to it for my health and happiness.

Sorry I am rambling. Thanks for reading :)

Replies

• hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    Options
    i am with you on the excuses :) you can soooo do this!
  • morrisca
    morrisca Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm in a very similar boat. I joined this site about a year ago because I'd gained 10-15 lbs since college and didn't like it. But I got so discouraged because it seemed impossible to stay below the 1,240 calories needed (and I'm only trying to lose 1 pound a week, not two). I kept track of my food semi-consistently even though I didn't do a great job of changing my diets (I'd do well for a day or two and feel so good I'd treat myself - CLEARLY, I didn't get it!) But looking over the "progress" of the last year I've GAINED 20 lbs....far from the 11 lbs I was hoping to shed!

So now I'm reaching out to folks on this site. I had one person friend me and thought 'oh how weird, I don't even know this person.' But having someone to leave little notes of encouragement has helped. Makes you feel like you aren't alone - so please keep me in mind as I'd love to keep you motivated and vice versa.

Good Luck!
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    The first part of this journey is probably acknowledging the changes you need to make, and it definitely sounds like you're doing that! Add me as a friend, and I'd love to cheer you on :)
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Double post, sorry :(
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    Thank you all :)