learning to cook healthier

Options
aclark41
aclark41 Posts: 21 Member
i love to eat, and i love to cook even more than i love to eat...i grew up in a family of chefs so cooking is something i grew up with...i'm finding it hard to try new recipes that dont involve high fat proteins and tons of carbs or cheese...especially tons of cheese...i am going to try to eat a mostly vegetarian diet for the next 21 days and trying to learn to cook and eat more veggies in general...has anyone had any success learning to cook vegetarian or just healthier in general? and not just a plain chicken breast...i need complex flavors without the added fat and calories :tongue:

Replies

• natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    "The Enchanted Broccoli Forest" is full of amazing, inventive recipes, and is a staple cookbook for many vegetarian cooks.

I really love "The Moosewood Collective: Low Fat Favorites". Really spectacular vegetarian fare that is flavorful, fun, challenging, and filling.

Enjoy!
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Any of the Moosewood cookbooks are fantastic! Especially if you are a chef - they are a bit complicated for everyday use, but are great vegetarian recipes with complex flavors! And the are "diet" friendly - no layers of cheese there!
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    "The Enchanted Broccoli Forest" is full of amazing, inventive recipes, and is a staple cookbook for many vegetarian cooks.

I really love "The Moosewood Collective: Low Fat Favorites". Really spectacular vegetarian fare that is flavorful, fun, challenging, and filling.

Enjoy!

Yes! Those are great books.

I've been a vegetarian for years. When I first made the switch it was difficult. I wasn't quite sure what to eat! I also like a book called "Ecological Cooking". I can't remember who wrote it. It's all vegan, but the dips and grain recipes are REALLY good. When I first went veg I used it a lot.
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    skinnytaste.com. I am not a vegetarian but that website has a ton of great recipes that I have tried and loved.