Melting Baby Weight!

Options
I've never been thin, but after the birth of my son I just couldn't get back down to a healthy weight. I struggled with exercise and portion control for nearly 7 months losing only 9 pounds (with LOTS of fluctuation) and I decided to try out a "gimmick diet".

So far I have been really happy. I can't stand to be hungry, I hate feeling light headed or hearing my stomach growl. I also kept eating like I was preggo and balooned up to 245.

I am on day 6 of the HCG diet. I did my two loading days of eating everything yummy in sight and, to be totally honest, the first day on the 500 calorie diet I had a horrible headache. I drank more water, was fine, but I'm SO glad I didn't stop there.

I still have 39 days to go before I hit my 45 day cycle BUT I have lost 11 pounds in under a week. I drink about a gallon of water a day and just do my regular chores around the house and the horse barn. No more 45 minutes straight on the ellipticals!!

I know 20 pounds isn't much when I have 70 more to lose, but I finally feel like there's hope! I'm not exhausted like I was, all my big clothes were tight and now they're big after just 20 pounds. I plan to use one full cycle of HCG to get down to (hopefully) 190. I want to try it myself for the 3 week interim - see if I can lose weight on my own now that HCG is really re-programming my eating habits. If I can't lose the rest on my own, the $100 i spent to buy the real stuff is TOTALLY worth it to get down to my goal weight of 150.

I feel so corny, like I'm doing an ad, I'm really just thankful to finally find something that works, where I don't feel starved, can actually eat meat, and still have energy to live my life! The drops under my tongue are a minor inconvenience for the melt that's happened!

I plan to share some photos once I get down to 200 as that'll give me 245 photos and then my 1/2 way pictures! I'm so excited that I'll be sharing by the end of this month as opposed to next year like I'd thought!

Replies

• Zelsawaf
    Zelsawaf Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Careful on that diet, but congrats on the success so far.
  • clarkcj
    clarkcj Posts: 18
    Options
    I would be way more concerned if I was already a skinny-minnie; but with 90 pounds total to lose I was just really in a place where I needed some results without screwing up my metabolism. I had an eating disorder as a teen and I'm sure that accounts in part for my weight problems now. I spoke with my Doctor and he said to go for it, so I'm in for at least 1 cycle.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I think it's great that you're losing weight and you're happy, but please be safe, and please, try not to come advocate something that is potentially dangerous in these forums. I speak from experience that I had on the diet. It was horrible! I hope you have a better experience and I wish you the best of luck. I encourage you to try and lose weight without the HCG but I'm sure that you have your mind set already. Be safe, that's the most important thing, and do it under the care of a doctor.
  • Little_Lisa_Ann
    Options
    I'm not a doctor or anything, but a 500 calorie diet for a day seems awfully unhealthy. And 11 pounds in under a week is mostly water, but losing so much so quickly isn't good either. It's healthiest to lose about 1-2 pounds per week. Be careful and don't send your body into starvation mode, then you'll never lose the weight..
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I also wanted to add that even though that diet claims you lose fat not muscle, there are NO STUDIES PROVING THAT! So, if you do lose more muscle than fat, you're actually going to slow down your metabolism. Okay sorry I just had to get that out there. Again, best of luck.
  • clarkcj
    clarkcj Posts: 18
    Options
    It's obviously not for everybody - and yes, clearly everyone should speak with their own physician. My doctor said it would be better for my body in the long run to do something like this now and try to re-train my metabolism / eating habits / etc. Most people probably don't already have wacky metabolism - so they obviously shouldn't mess with it. He DID said he would not recommend it for anyone with under 40 pounds to lose - if that helps as a benchmark to dissuade the majority of people from doing this. We had a long discussion about what studies have and haven't been done (my MA is in English, so just for the heck of it I bothered to read quite a bit of what has been done myself).

I also, as a bottom line, trust my doctor. He is very verbal about things he thinks are good and bad, this was something that he was for and was even willing to do injections on.

Thanks in advance for your encourgement and positive posts.
  • MommyofBoys
    Options
    I'm interested in trying this. Is there anymore you can tell me about it? Are you allowed cheat days?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!