FOOD AT TRADER JOES?

Options
hey im about to go to trader joes to buy my own healthy food since all my mom buys is junk. does anyone know any healthy organic snacks that they have that are good for you?

Replies

• Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Carrots and hummus. String cheese. There's a ton of stuff. Raw almonds. Greek yogurt (unsweetened and non-fat). Read labels.
  • ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I love that place! pretty much everything they have is awesome except for the packaged foods just cause of high sodium but i still get it! also, all my mom buys is junk too! Have fun getting your grub!
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    One of my faves is the fire roasted papaya mango salsa. YUM. great flavor add for not too many calories. I love to throw it in my salad.

have fun!
  • Babytoy22002
    Babytoy22002 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    natural turkey jerky low sodium fat free high protein, no preservatives
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    LOVE Trader Joes! I agree with the carrots and hummus, YUM. Stick to the fresh foods, stay away from boxes and cans.
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    That place is packed with great stuff- my recommendation is go slow and check everything out, take your time, read labels. Have fun!
  • Pril2000
    Pril2000 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My whole fridge is full of Trader Joe's stuff. They have tasty fruit/ice cream bars that are only 80 calories.

I get goat's milk brie and multi-grain crackers.

I get fresh mangoes.

The hummus is delicious. Baby carrots. Guilt reduced pita chips are fantastic.

Organic vanilla soy milk. There's really nothing in the store that I wouldn't recommend. Except the beef jerky. I haven't had a flavor that I didn't hate.

Oh! Cuban style canned black beans are the jam!
  • reeldancer
    reeldancer Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    TJ's organic popcorn with olive oil and sea salt is yummy for a special treat. The bag is big. Serving size is 2 cups. I have 1 so it lasts a long time.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone above, and it's a good idea to buy your own snacks!!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    They have a great selection of nuts, dried fruit, and trail mix. They also have cheap Greek yogurt and many varieties of hummus.