"H20" Exploding the pounds - 10 Week Challenge - Week 7 & 8

Options
H20 Exploding the Pounds
Week 7 & 8 of 10 (3 & 2 weeks to go) IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO JOIN!!!

-Welcome, for those who have joined my challenges before you know a little bit about how it works. Over the duration of the challenge i will be posting weekly challenges to help you shred those egggstra pounds you have gained over the winter months, or to help you lose more of the weight you have been working so hard on shedding. I am going to do this just a little bit different this time around, I will explain below. For the newbies out there, I would love to invite you to join us. It is never too late to get in on the fun, or never too late to star losing weight. Welcome, and we look forward to getting to know you...

732233ohv9zdjew0.png

Walking challenge: How many miles do you have in of the 150.
How are we doing with the 150 miles? Do you need a little bit of a push? If so let us know, thats what we are here for.

Pilates Challenge: How many hours of Pilates do you have in of 100?
How is your Pilates going? Good i hope? Having problems finding new videos?

Workout Video Challege: how are you doing with your workout video. Have you changed it up at all? Need help? were here..

2679549tiwki4mop0.gif

As most of you have been experiencing, it is almost "officially" summer. I know we have been experiencing 80 to 90 degree weather in Northern Indiana. With summer here, or around the corner. I want you to take sometime to enjoy so outdoor activities. Even if its to get out and go sight seeing in your hometown. I want you to go to a "special" place and take a picture. And when the world feels like its turning its back on you, look at that picture. Imagine your world perfect, even if its just for a second. Although life is rough, and takes us into directions we don't want to go to, we are the pilot to our lives. WE are in control, with how we feel, and how we react to whats happening around us. Some of us have a void to fill, or unresolved feelings about a certain situation. We need to dig deep and deal with those feelings. Especially if you want to move forward. Remember losing weight isn't just about the numbers. It is also about the lifestyle change that comes with it. As long as you are truly in it, to change your life for the better. You have some lifestyle changes that may need to come along with it. I want us over the next two weeks, to dig deep and share those struggles. We aren't here to judge you. you can do this, and maybe it will make you feel better in the end. Find your "special" place, and maybe post the picture, to tell us what it means to you. And remember to keep that picture handy for when life gets rough. Breathe deep, and make the best of every given situation.

2329986qddmneik2r.jpg
*not taken by me*

Challenge 1 - Week 7 & 8
Walk/Jog/Run 10 miles over the next two weeks. For those who aren't pushing themselves a little further, while you're out walking I want you to push yourself to jog/run in 30 to 60 second intervals. You will fill accomplished, I promise you. Even though it may leave you a little winded, you will feel better, knowing you were able to jog/run just a little bit. I have a hard time with running with being overweight and heavy chested, but im not letting it keep me from trying. Common ladies, lets do this.

Challenge 2 - Week 7 & 8
This journey, needs to be a lifetime journey. I want you to take sometime over the next two weeks and think of what YOU want your journey to be like. Are you doing this just to lose weight for a special occasion? Or are you doing this, because you NEED to change your life? What do you want to change in your life? It is totally up to you, and its time that YOU are to pilot of YOUR weightless journey. Once you have thought about what you want your journey to be, please do feel free to share some with us ladies. :) maybe your ideas, or choices will help inspire, or ignite something within someone to have the willpower.

Challenge 3 - Week 7 & 8
I want you to spend sometime actually doing the workout dvd that you chose at the beginning of this challenge. I want you to spend at least 5 days over the next two weeks, actually working out to it. If you have been working out to it, make it a little challenging for you. Maybe you couldn't make it all the way through the video before, push yourself. You have it within you, you just have to dig deep. Maybe think of the last chance workout, with Jillian screaming in your face. Something has to give you the umph to dig deep. What is it that makes you strive to do the best you can?

Challenge 4 - Week 7 & 8
Over the next two weeks, when you catch yourself doing something you shouldnt, I want you to discipline yourself. And I mean discipline. Half the battle is learning self discipline, and thats something alot of us lack. And its time that we learn, how to do exactly that. Maybe research some self discipline methods. If you need help with that feel free to ask me, and i will do what I can to help you with that? Say you weren't able to control your "craving" for something you really shouldnt have had, and it really truly hurt your progress than make yourself do 20 minutes of a workout that you hate? make you do something that you dont like fitness wise, to make up for what you can't seem to control. You ARE in control, and its time to take control of yourself and your body. YOU have what it takes DEEP down. Lets dig, and lets discipline ourselves like we never have before.

Challenge 5 - Week 7 & 8
I want you to try a new recipe at home. Share your recipe with the group, if its any good. :) Do some research online for some new ideas, if you need them. We have the biggest tool before us, and we tend to forget.

Challenge 6 - Week 7 & 8
Over the next two weeks, for those who tend to spend alot of time online, myself included. I want you to work on cutting that online time in half, and spending that other time working out, pampering yourself, reading a book, writing out your feelings. Something productive, that will make you feel good in the end. Sometimes we tend to hide behind our computer, instead of really truly trying to do our best. Lets close those laptops, and turn of those pcs. Ive learned that if I put my laptop in a place in my house, where I actually have to walk out of my way to get online, I tend to not. I may check my facebook quickly on my phone, but i don't spend that much time doing that. Its for the best, and it helps better YOU! Remove yourself from them facebook games, alot of us tend to play. I havent been playing them for a while, and i find i have more time for myself. Im trying to make even more time for myself.

Quote of the Week - "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

I decided to take a totally different approach to the challenge for the next two weeks. I hope you guys like the ideas I came up with. Lately Ive been working on myself, and my "willpower" to lose weight. And i thought, I would share some of my thoughts, and maybe helps some of you who maybe be slipping. Or maybe it will inspire you to dig that much deeper. Life is truly amazing, even when its rough. Life is never too difficult to figure out a solution. Live your life to the fullest, and don't let anyone tell you that you deserve less than what you are striving for. Only you know when your are 100% content with the way your life is.

Along with the Challenges above.. I want you to continue to log your food and exercise. Need to utilize the tools we have via myfitnesspal. :) And, I want you to drink ATLEAST 8 ounces of water daily. And, I want you to remember your THREE positives each day. And most of all, enjoy what you are doing to help YOU!

Until next time,
April Val

Replies

• pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Wow April, I think this is your best opening post ever!! *bow* I've updated the spreadsheet and the website!
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    SERIOUSLY AWESOME, APRIL!! THANK YOU!

Well... I guess everyone pretty much knows MY current struggle! Telling the 11 yr old that his dad had died was NOT easy. But with much love and support from his older brother and sisters... he will make it through. Actually, it was Jason that told him... he asked that he be able to tell him since he was the one that found him gone. It was a tearful talk. We allowed him to ask any and all questions. Did our best to answer them. Let him cry and at the end, encouraged him to remember the special times. His brother took him home with him. Chad said he will miss going to get Tommy burgers with his dad... so Jason said he will take him there tomoz for dinner. My oldest son has grown into such a good man... he is an awesome brother to all 3 of his younger siblings. I am so proud of him and how he has handled everything to do with his dad over the past 6 months...

I went out and bought the 30-day Shred today... AFTER my "date" with the Slave Driver! :happy: I also bought some 2# weights. I had been using 1# weights at home and Heather said I need to step up my strength training. APPARENTLY my arms and thighs are flabby! Imagine that?! :laugh: The muscle can be better toned, for sure. However, the extra skin isn't going anywhere without surgery! Who does she think she's kidding?! :grumble: In any case - her abuse has been paid for and I've nothing to do but comply with her demands! (Okay, truth is... what she has motivated me to do is amazing. There. I said it.) :ohwell:

I am now exhausted and need sleep... My work has given me the week off. I love the company I work for... and the people I work with.... I am truly blessed in so many ways. THAT is something I need to remember more often...
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Jumping back in - I have all the missed weeks. Just need to find some time to catch up :)
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    April...just some of the words I need to hear. Be back later...busy day ahead. Mom in law going home today!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Thanks, April!!! Those are some pretty powerful goals.. and I will do my best this week!!!!

Working all day and then running two miles tonight. The only thing I'm worried about is it's going to be 90 degrees!!! I'll still do it, I need to start my half marathon training, but it's gonna be a hot one!!! Plenty of water before and after and I'll be fine... oh, and the sunscreen!!!
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies.. I hope you truly love these challenges. I thought we needed something to get ourselves a little more aware of the things that are effecting us, and maybe holding us back from what we can do with our lives. we CAN do this, even if we have to lean on one another.. !
  • Carm52
    Carm52 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I want to join!!!
  • AprilVal
    Options
    I want to join!!!

WELCOME, feel free to join. Just tell us a little bit about yourself.. Add your weight, and your weight loss goal if you want.. and just jump in. We are here to listen and help.. We are big on supporting everyone.. We DO NOT judge people.. ;) Look forward to getting to know you.
  • Carm52
    Carm52 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My name is Carmen, I'm studying to take the CA Bar this July. I've been on MFP for a while now but have fallen off the wagon quite a few times. I just hopped back on June 1 (again) and for the last time! My highest weight was 220, lowest 180. My goal is to get to about 160-165 and then play with the numbers. That's on the high end of "normal" for me. I'm 5'8.5 (and yes I count that half inch!) I love working out outdoors, but am stuck behind a computer most of the time. I'm not looking to get stick thin- I love my curves although my boobs have seemed to disappeared! :grumble: I just want to get healthy!!

I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of you!:flowerforyou:
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much April!
    I have been back and forth for many weeks.I've tried many of the challenges and success in some!yay for me.
    my weight in today is 324.8

I had gained back all the weight then restart-do over-begin again.
    lost 8 then gained 2...started back to gym
    lost 3 inches all around.
    am hanging in there.

Just want to send out a big ole HUG to all !!
  • CrystalS
    CrystalS Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    April - what a GREAT challenge for the next couple of weeks. :flowerforyou: I know you worked hard at it - thank you. I love your new profile picture. :wink:

Welcome, Carmen. I know you'll like it here.

I weighed this morning and LOST ONE POUND!!!! Woohooo - another one bites the dust! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I was very shocked and happy!

Well, I need to scurry on. I hope everyone has a fabulous day.

My three happies:
    My family is healthy and happy
    It's not freezing and snowing :laugh: :laugh:
    I have a husband that loves me. :heart:
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    My name is Carmen, I'm studying to take the CA Bar this July. I've been on MFP for a while now but have fallen off the wagon quite a few times. I just hopped back on June 1 (again) and for the last time! My highest weight was 220, lowest 180. My goal is to get to about 160-165 and then play with the numbers. That's on the high end of "normal" for me. I'm 5'8.5 (and yes I count that half inch!) I love working out outdoors, but am stuck behind a computer most of the time. I'm not looking to get stick thin- I love my curves although my boobs have seemed to disappeared! :grumble: I just want to get healthy!!

Welcome Carmen!
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Thank you so much April!
    I have been back and forth for many weeks.I've tried many of the challenges and success in some!yay for me.
    my weight in today is 324.8

I had gained back all the weight then restart-do over-begin again.
    lost 8 then gained 2...started back to gym
    lost 3 inches all around.
    am hanging in there.

Just want to send out a big ole HUG to all !!

Welcome back.. :) hope we can keep on losing this weight.. ;) Im in it for the long haul now. I think I finally have the right mind set. If you need help, remember to lean on us.. ;)
  • AprilVal
    Options

Nice to meet you Carmen. :) Youre in a great place. I do bi weekly challenges, i used to due weekly challenges, but Im trying to spend less time online, and more time working on myself. And Im starting a small photography business ontop of my regular work, so I dont have too much time on my hands. Look forward to getting to know you. WE are a great bunch of ladies.. :)
  • AprilVal
    Options
    April - what a GREAT challenge for the next couple of weeks. :flowerforyou: I know you worked hard at it - thank you. I love your new profile picture. :wink:

Welcome, Carmen. I know you'll like it here.

I weighed this morning and LOST ONE POUND!!!! Woohooo - another one bites the dust! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I was very shocked and happy!

Well, I need to scurry on. I hope everyone has a fabulous day.

My three happies:
    My family is healthy and happy
    It's not freezing and snowing :laugh: :laugh:
    I have a husband that loves me. :heart:

Thank you. I put more thinking into this one then i have in any of the past challenges. I think we need to learn to be a little more "mental" about our decisions. And thanks, thats one of the anniversary pictures from last October.. ;)
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    April, love the pic!!

Carmen, welcome!!! We really love having new people join... don't be shy!!!!

Crystal, YAY on the loss!!! You keep going, girl!!!!

Molly, welcome back!!! Hope we can help you along your journey!!!

Linda, hope you enjoy your visit!!!! Wish I'd have time to see you, but I'm sure you'll be too busy anyway... have a blast!

It was a very hot two miles, just like I figured it would be. It's 93 degrees and probably upper 90's with the humidity. I'm not complaining, but boy was I glad I only had to run two miles!!!! All showered now and going to get supper ready. Still have another 14 miles planned this week and if I can get some of it done in the morning that would really help, I think!!!

Anyway, just checking in... have a great night!!!! Oh, and happies... hubby will be sleeping at home tonight, car will be fixed and picked up tomorrow, and it's finally summer!!!!
  • AprilVal
    Options
    I want to add One more thing to our challenges.. I want each of you to think of a weight loss motto, that you are going to live by. And share it with us.. :) Maybe it will help us keep straight forward.. :)
  • Alegria79
    Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Cazz - I'm so sorry to hear about your ex-husband. It must be so difficult on your children, but at least your daughter got to dance with him at her wedding. All of you will have that forever. It sounds like your family is awesome at supporting each other, and that is truly a blessing.

Nursee67 - yay for your MIL going home!

Carm57 - welcome to our group! Welcome back on the "healthy wagon" and I hope we can support you on your journey. I think it's great that you're getting healthy, and a super common complaint is that the boobs disappear first. It's not fair! How has the first week "back" gone for you?

mollybeslimmer - don't forget to celebrate those successful challenges! We all have setbacks, so we take what we can get :)

Crystal - nice job losing another pound! I'm envious (and stuck on a horrible plateau since the second week of the challenge). I like your happy's for today too...

Nikstergirl - you're a rockstar! 2 miles in 93 degree heat is amazing. I'm going to take my butt to the gym a bit earlier and fit in a bit of extra cardio before my appointment with my trainer tomorrow. I hope you remembered the sunscreen!

When I'm feeling the workout, and I want to stop, my mottos/mantras are:
    "You are stronger than you think you are" and "You can do this!"

Also: "You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there...so MOVE IT"

I just realized that it may be strange that I talk to myself in the second person, but it's like a pep talk, so maybe that's why?

We're having a big thunderstorm right now with splashy lightning and impressive thunder. Ahhh, summer on the prairies.

My happy's:
    - I had great success with a student today and she is interested in a double minor in geography after taking my class...very cool. I love it when they get interested in geography because of my courses :happy:
    - The yoga retreat was great this weekend, and I met some nice girls
    - My four day headache FINALLY went away...*happy dance*
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I was trying to think if I actually even HAVE a weight loss type mantra. I don't. I don't really do any self-talk at all! I DO, however, weigh my choices and then decide if I am willing to pay the cost. For example: if I want some ice cream... am I willing to do an EXTRA 45 minutes on the elliptical for it? Then there are times it just doesn't matter and I will pay for it later by weight gain or no weight loss. (Like my daughter's wedding.) I do kind of PLAN for treating myself at least once a week. Even if it is just with 1/4 cup of m&m's! (I will do the extra work at the gym to have them!!) BUT... it isn't something I do everyday. I guess that is how I discipline myself...

The other thing is... I am not on a "diet". I can eat whatever I want. I DO try to watch my sodium and fat intake but there is no food I can't have. That has really helped curb my cravings. As soon as someone says I CAN'T have something... it's all I think about!! :tongue: And I try to stay within what I have set for my daily calorie allowance....

This works for me. I guess it might not work for anybody else... but, then again... it just might!

Linda - good to hear your MIL is going home!
    Molly - just don't give up!!
    Crystal - yay for the 1# loss!
    Nikster - I am SO jealous! I wish I could run!! (My knees won't let me. :grumble: )
    Alegria - I LOVE thunderstorms with lightning!
    ...And Carmen - welcome to the group! :drinker:

Congrats for all the successes... big and small!

Goodnight, ladies!
  • CrystalS
    CrystalS Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I asked hubs last night what a good weight loss motto would be and he laughed and said, "Now you see it, now you don't." :laugh:

I wish it was that easy and dissolved that fast. :tongue:

My three happies for today:
    *They are calling for rain tonight
    *We have A/C
    *I got my list accomplished yesterday.

I hope all of you have a wonderful day!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: