Ten Minute Trainer...Anybody doing this now?

Options
I just did a search on this and didn't pull up much so forgive me if i missed something!

I saw this infomercial on Tony Hortons Ten Minute Trainer and almost ordered the dang thing....can some one here tell me more about it? It looks interesting....im in the middle of a plateau so im thinking this might shake things up a bit!

Im also concerned that i might be too easy...i workout now 5/6days a week with different forms of aerobics and i also do some heavy lifting...I may be wrong but I didn't see mention of heavy lifting on the commercial?

OK,Thanks for any replies!

Replies

• punka274
    Options
    I just did a search on this and didn't pull up much so forgive me if i missed something!

I saw this infomercial on Tony Hortons Ten Minute Trainer and almost ordered the dang thing....can some one here tell me more about it? It looks interesting....im in the middle of a plateau so im thinking this might shake things up a bit!

Im also concerned that i might be too easy...i workout now 5/6days a week with different forms of aerobics and i also do some heavy lifting...I may be wrong but I didn't see mention of heavy lifting on the commercial?

• runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Punka,
    I, like you, was in a plateau and needed to change my routine, so I bought it. Workouts are relatively intense, but only 10 minutes each. Great for when you are really pressed for time, like I often am, but if you already do a lot of aeroics and heavy lifting, it may not offer you a lot. I think P90x may be more likely to give you the shake up you need, or simply talk to a trainer at your gym to ccome up with ways to vary your routine to offer new challanges in what you are already doing.

Tom

(Congratulations on your success so far. Good work!)
  • surfgolden
    Options
    I use the 10 Minute Trainer multiple times a day to supplement the P90X program. I am in week 5 of P90X as well. 10 MInute Trainer is fine and servess its purpose well but you must do more than 1 or 2 workouts a day to get any results. The cardio DVD in particular will get your heart rate up for sure.
    Someone in this thread recommended P90x instead of TMT. P90X is a great program but you need to have a pretty high baseline of fitness to begin with, otherwise it may be too much, thus ultimately a demotivating endeavor.
    Try something new that gets your heart rate up for sustained periods (use heart rate monitor if you have one) and make sure you calories intake in appropriate-not too much, mot too little and you will be fine.
    Good luck.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have a 10 minute trainer dvd but i dont think it is the same one.

I have used it as a warm up, an interval, a stretch and the stand up ab workout. I like it cuz I can incorporate it into my daily routine to shake things up a bit.

I paid $ 10 for mine at the video store
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

ahhh so you were up late watching the great Tony Horton Infomercials as well hm?:wink: I finally figured out what the Px90 workouts were by being up at 2am one day...now I feel like taping the infomercial when I'm not up late to inspire me until I'm able to handle it. Hey whatever it takes right?:laugh:
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call is "easy"... in fact, the ab routine for 10 minute trainer is one of the harder ab routine DVDs I have.
    Keep in mind, however, that each individual workout is only 10 minutes. The program is designed to be stacked, and it comes with a workout schedule. So, you are usually do 2-4 of the workouts per day. Of course, if you are really short on time, then just do one of them... because doing one is better than doing none.

But yes, they are good short workouts. He will work you in 10 minutes... and as long as you give them your ALL then you'll feel like you got a good workout int :D
  • metalpalace
    Options
    Psyknife and myselft went to a Tony Horton Fitness camp in Las vegas this past july. One of the workouts Tony lead is through was the ten minute trainer work outs. About 200 hundred people were there and every single one of us had our butts kicked. Ten minute trainer is certainly not easy so don't worry about not being challenged, you will be challenged.
  • punka274
    Options
    Thanks everybody for your replies....I will try it out! And maybe the P90X! I need something different!
  • missida
    Options
    I have recently started this program as well. Gotta love infomercials. It kicks my butt.
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have TMT, but to date have only done the abs, which I love!! To get a full workout you need to do 3/4 at a time, but, like someone else said, 10 minutes is better than nothing.

They have a great array of workouts. I own Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs (more danced based) as well as P90X and x+ which are great workouts. Like all dvd's, though, they take committment, they only work if you use them

Carol