Fell off the wagon!! HELP!!!

Options
I have been thinking about this all the way home and I have to get it off my chest.

I can't even remember the last time I logged a calorie here. And forget about weighing myself. I have went from not having a job for the last six months and having all the time in the world to eat right and exercise to having 2 jobs and having to sacrifice sleep for MFP. I honestly don't know what to do. When I started I was all excited about this and now I have not been logging in and it seems like no one cares!!! I am not here wanting sympathy. I just need someone to tell me I am not alone. That's why I have friends on here right?

It's really hard for me to even get in front of a computer. For the last two weeks I have been working my *kitten* off at my new job which is at a factory. Not to mention the fact that I am also on new meds for my bi polar disorder. I also found out that I have an underactive thyroid and my body is not adjusting to those meds as well.

I am just trying to reach out because I feel like I am hanging by a thread and I don't want to fall. I can't do this on my own. I feel so weak saying that but it's the truth. If we didn't need help and support there would be no need for this site. I need a major kick in the *kitten*. Thanks for letting me take a few minutes of your time and feel free to add me. I need all the help and support I can get.

Replies

• av8rblond
    av8rblond Posts: 140
    Options
    I could say something cheezy and warm and fuzzy like "Oh well life get's in the way and you'll get back on the wellness road" but this doesn't strike me as what you want to hear.

So here it is...even if you can't log into MFP as you once could..I assume you are still eating and there is no excuse for not making good choices with your food. If you are serious about feeling better than you have to put you at the top of your list somewhere. Maybe not #1 right away as obviously this is too hard or MFP would have no members..but at least put yourself in the top five. When you are not juggling so much or your life has settled a bit then you can spend more time on yourself.

Just try to be conscious of your life...you are busy but you need to get your thyroid under control as I see that as the lynch pin of all the other things. If your levels are going in and out of whack then maybe you would feel a little more in control.

If you want to you can add me and when you are having a hard time of it drop me a line and I can try and throw you a life line to stop the spiral before it starts.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I absolutely understand this - I can feel myself slipping and while my friends haven't forsaken me, I can tell they aren't going to get me through this. I need to get me through this. And it's scary to think maybe I'm not going to do it. I'm sending you a friend request. We can do this.

Good luck with the new job and meds and stuff - that's a lot to deal with.
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am from the tough love camp, and firmly believe we make time for the things that are important to us. If you want it bad enough, you will find a way.

Now for my suggestion as to how to make it work. Take a little money from your paychecks, (congrats on the jobs by the way), and get yourself a smart phone. They have some great deals on different droids and the iPhone 3GS. Down load the app and start logging on there. Even if it means doing so while you are eating during break,or take your phone to the restroom with you. Find moments like these where you can "multi-task".

Good luck!