MFP Runners September 19

Options
Good morning! Where is everybody today? No run today. Got to sleep in til 6:15 (Whoo-hoo!) Time for a quick work out before work.
Enjoy your day
Tom

Replies

• runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Where is everybody today? No run today. Got to sleep in til 6:15 (Whoo-hoo!) Time for a quick work out before work.
    Enjoy your day
    Tom
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Ran 4.25 today.. little sluggish but not too shabby - :wink:
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    5K on the treadmill. Slept in until 6:00 myself!
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I really got to sleep in today! 7:00 here!!!!:bigsmile:

I have a rest day today before my 1/2 ironman tomorrow!!!
  • VanessaC
    VanessaC Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have decided to run my first 5K in December. I have been doing pretty good on the treadmill and will soon work my way outside. I'm wondering though what is a good time to aim for? Figured you were the people to ask.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

I ran 5.25 miles bright and early this morning.

Happy Friday!
    -Kechie.
  • Slender1
    Options
    No run today! I'm attempting 8 miles tomorrow. :noway:
  • kechiemc
    Options
    I have decided to run my first 5K in December. I have been doing pretty good on the treadmill and will soon work my way outside. I'm wondering though what is a good time to aim for? Figured you were the people to ask.

Congratulations on your decision to run your first 5K! Races are so much fun. Go ahead and sign up. I was new to running when I ran my first 5K so my goal was just to run the whole time and get to the finish line. It's fun to be out there with other people who love running.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    No run today! I'm attempting 8 miles tomorrow. :noway:

You can do it!!!!!
  • kechiemc
    Options

I can't wait to hear how it goes!!!:flowerforyou:
  • samccarthy
    Options
    Did 35 min on the treadmill today--averaged 6.3 mph. Then lifted weights. Does it ever get easier!!

Sheryl
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options

Good luck -- let us know how you do!!
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Areay - Good luck on the 1/2 IM :smile:

Vanessa - Good luck with your 5-K. While I agree that as your first race, your goal should be just running the whole distance and finishing the race (and enjoying the experience), if you have a competitive side or just need a target time for motivation, go ahead and set a goal. What that goal is exactly depends on your current level of training / fitness. If you routinely run 5 K on the treadmill (TM), you have a pretty good idea what your pace is going to be, but remember, the TM automatically paces you and is usually easier on your legs, so you will run faster on the TM at 0 incline than you will on the road. (Setting the TM for 1-2 incline will give you a better feel for road pace (and gives you a better work-out). If you haven't worked up to 5K distance yet, you can estimate your pace from your mile pace and add about 15-30 seconds /mile for your 5K pace
    Hope this helps

Tom
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Morning runners:

Wow,, I guess Friday is the day to sleep in. I woke up at 7:55!
    No run for me today, was supposed to have a trainer, but he had to cancel, so took my workout sheets from him and did an upper body workout.

Vanessa: TM running is different from outside. You should set the incline at 2 when on the TM. That being said, I have run a couple of 5K. With the first one, my goal was just to finish with a big smile on my face. With that accomplished, I only wanted to try to shave a few seconds of my quite slow time (It was a run up and down a mountain (ouch), which I did. BTW, it is a great feeling when you cross that finish line, no matter what your distance or time. Just go out and enjoy it!

Carol
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    5K today and feeling good! There's nothing like feeling the strength of your body propelling itself across the surface of the earth. I haven't had that in a long time.
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    Vanessa: Good for you for signing up and best of luck on the run. I agree with previous posters. Your first goal should just be to finish! By December you will have a pretty good idea of your time goal. And watch out-you'll probably become addicted :tongue: