How do you like your eggs?

Options
2»

Replies

• CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I am not a big fan of egg - but I do like the occasional portion of scrambled egg on wholemeal toast with lots of black pepper.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I really don't like eggs, but I can eat them with sorrel in an omelette. Usually just the whites, though. I hate yolks!
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    Volcano Style

put an easy over egg in the hollowed out point of a mashed potato mountain then poke the yolk until the lava flows!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I saute mushrooms and chopped fresh spinach, add fresh sliced tomato, pour the eggs over. Top with a sprinkle of cheese and some bacon bits.
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I like eggs pretty much any which way they come but you can't beat a soft boiled egg sandwich with black pepper and tomato ketchup on a cold day (made with the egg still hot from the pan so the marge goes all melty.. yum).
  • homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I get the frozen creamed spinach (birds eye) and beat a tablespoon in an egg, then cook it like an omelet with another tablespoon of shredded low fat cheese. Make a really fluffy, tasty omelet.
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Volcano Style

put an easy over egg in the hollowed out point of a mashed potato mountain then poke the yolk until the lava flows!

LOL
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    scrambled with goat cheese
    over easy on a sandwich
    hardboiled
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Egg in a Hole -
    1 slice of whole wheat bread
    1 egg

Fold bread slice in half, and take a bite of the center. Unfold the slice and you'll have a hole in the center of the slice. Toss this on a skillet that has been brought to medium heat. Crack open an egg, and pour it so that the yolk falls into the hole. Cook until the bread is toasted on the bottom and egg has solidified enough that you can flip. Flip over, and cook until bread is browned on the other side.

Tadaa
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I love eggs over easy (with Pam) topped with really hot salsa. Yum!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Egg in a Hole -
    1 egg

Fold bread slice in half, and take a bite of the center. Unfold the slice and you'll have a hole in the center of the slice. Toss this on a skillet that has been brought to medium heat. Crack open an egg, and pour it so that the yolk falls into the hole. Cook until the bread is toasted on the bottom and egg has solidified enough that you can flip. Flip over, and cook until bread is browned on the other side.

Tadaa

My family calls these eggs in a basket. Really good. Although I have to admit that we use a glass or a biscut cutter to make the hole.
  • tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I like mine boringly over easy with some sort of toast. I make them sunnyside up swimming in hot sauce for the hubby. and my kids like scrabbled with any cheese or bacon/bologne mixed in!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Egg in a Hole -
    1 egg

Tadaa

My family calls these eggs in a basket. Really good. Although I have to admit that we use a glass or a biscut cutter to make the hole.

I was about to recommend this! Delicious, filling, and did I mention delicious?

I like eggs all ways. I stick with egg whites for scrambling omelettes, basic baking etc. But I LOVE eggs over easy with toast!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I am not an egg fan, but when I do have them I like them scrambled with sauteed spinach.

Frittatas are a great way to incorporate lots of veggies into eggs, and you can season them up any way you like. Just make sure you have an oven-safe skillet with an oven-safe handle!
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Painted and hidden :laugh: