HELP!!!!

Options
Can someone pls help me and tell me what sort of foods i should be eating?? :0((

Replies

• tlynnweb
    tlynnweb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Well, we can't see your diary to critique so I guess you need to tell us what kind of foods you are eating!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    As close to natural as you can. Whole grain low carb breads, pasta, cereals, Fresh lean meats and fish, Fresh Fruits and Vegetables. If you buy canned foods make sure they are low or no sodium, Frozen veggies without sauces. Cook for yourself so you can control what goes into your food. Watch your sodium and drink lots of water. Plan your day if you can by entering food before you eat them to see what it does to your goal numbers. I always add things to see if there is a healthier option. I create recipes in my foods and see what I can do to switch them around to make them healthier. Read lables at the store. Get a food scale and educate yourself on portions. Portion control is a big part of weight loss. Most people don't realise how small a portion is. Go online and find recipes that work for you. There are a ton a sites with low calorie healthy recipes. Good luck
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    fresh vegetables,. white meat, fresh fruit, on the days you do cardio workouts you should eat carbohydrates before you excercise. Drink plenty of water. If you just eat within your goals you WILL lose weight.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    As a general rule whole foods --- if it didn't have a mother or didn't grow from the ground - you shouldn't eat it.

Do I live by this 100% Heck no!!! But it's a good philosophy and I try to live by it 80% each day. Those choices that aren't whole foods - make sure they are the healthiest choice possible - whole wheat, limited preservatives, etc. That being said, I still have a Lean Cuisine occasionally for lunch or supper just for convenience and I know the calorie count - it hasn't killed me yet :)

Strive for 9 fruits and veggies a day - this is harder than it sounds. And a good balance for lean protein and healthy fats. Limited saturated fat. Eat a serving of nuts a day - they have good for you fat.

It's all really trial and error to find what works for you. And hardly anyone can be 100% all of the time.
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    Stay away from foods that are processed and foods that are high in sugars. Almost everything has sugar in it (even bread) so start reading labels and choose a product that is lower in sugar.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm alone, but I also think it's about when you eat as much as it is what you eat. If I keep my metabolism going by eating small meals 5 or 6 times a day as opposed to 3 big meals, my body handles food better and I tend to lose weight easier. Without seeing your diary it's hard to provide suggestions. Have you considered making it public?
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    Well, what types of foods are you eating? Seeing your diary would help.

You look great... Don't stress!