Zumba on the wii?

Options
2»

Replies

• simplysara9
    simplysara9 Posts: 521
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing, since I can't make it to any zumba classes. The only thing that worries me is the belt that you're supposed to use.. I have huge birthing hips. :(

No worries at all - if the belt doesn't fit you, you can stick it in your pocket or even in your waistband. Don't let the size of the belt deter you! :-)

This was my same fear! I waited over 6 months to buy the game because I was afraid the belt wouldn't fit. It was actually larger than I had thought and it does fit. I have heard of people using their pocket etc too if the belt is uncomfortable!
  • TracyJaneLee
    Options
    I went to my very first zumba class tonight and it was fantastic :D i wasn't the fattest person in the class and every single person in there was out of step and laughing at themselves at some point. I wasn't embarrassed at all and wobbled all over. There were people of all ages & sizes and they were all enjoying it, sweating and pulling funny faces at each other. I have just bought zumba on the wii, so im looking forward to practising some of the moves before i go back next week. The people with heart rate monitors etc were registering between 550 - 800 calories at the end of it. So i have recorded a 1 hour session at 650 calories as an estimate
  • wlccoach
    wlccoach Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm a ZUMBA Instructor and I have ZUMBA Wii! Its great, you'll sweat and have fun.
  • Shaysuki926
    Shaysuki926 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I bought it last night...WOW! I sweat like crazy!! Between Ripped In 30 and Zumba Wii, I can't lose...well, I mean, I WILL lose!
  • Miss_Sissy
    Miss_Sissy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Right now there are several different programs I have on my Wii and I use them all:

Wii Fit Plus: Love it. Great workouts. Tells you the calories you lose per workout.
    Fit in Six: Love Love it.... Faster paced, chose your stuff.... Awesome
    EASports Active 2: LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! They have great warm ups, cool downs, lower body, upper body, full body, Core, Cardio, Aerobics, Kickboxing, Boxing, Bicycling, Runnings, Basketball, Soccer, and more. It also has Step workouts with or without the Wii Board: Like Kickboxing, Boxing, Dance, and more... I love it. Great hardcore workout.... it has 2 programs you can join or make your own. I make my own because I don't feel my HR gets that activated with their program... This COMES WITH its own HRM set to use for this DVD only (HRM for left arm, wireless motion tracker for right leg, and USB thingy) and a stretchy band thing for some of the workouts.

Not for the Wii, I also have Hip Hop Abs which I have not tried yet.... I'm also getting a HRM so I can tell my HR on some of these other workouts, and Zumba for my Wii on Monday.

Hope some of this helps.....
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Zumba for the wii is amazing!! I gave my copy to my sister because i was doing Jillian 30DS, but she loves it and is grateful she doesn't have to pay for a weekly class like before. It is almost exactly like a class only it's just you sweating it out in your living room.