treadmill died

Options
kje2011
kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
Is there any helpful hints to help me run outside????
cuz--Oh no!! my treadmill quit on me this morning!!!!! Just quit.
It was a great one, had 2,3,5lb weights within easy grasp while I run.
I ran outside this am---for the first time----!!
I Just know I was out there for 20min, BUT now I don't know how far I ran or how fast. (I feel 'lost')

Replies

• Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    A lot of people use running aps for smart phones. runtastic and run keeper. something like that.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Sorry cant help

but i'm laughing

you out ran your treadmill

lol!
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    if you can run a measured path or even take your car and map and measure out a route

also if you have a heart rate monitor you can get ptetty accurate info from that maybe not the actual distance but you can get your times and translate that into what you would normally run on the treadmill to be comparable
  • jlmarcin
    jlmarcin Posts: 36
    Options
    So you have a smartphone? Get the app mapmyrun. It tracks everything. That is how I track my miles per hour. It even has a gps route map that tracks you. You can tweet or put it on FB or keep it private. Not sure about he calories burned though. I just put in the info on MFP and it conjures my calories.
  • cloud92222
    cloud92222 Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm pretty sure google has a map feature that allows you to track your route and will tell you how far
  • Heraci
    Heraci Posts: 23
    Options
    I usually just search online with some sort of map site like Google Maps. Find a route that is similar to the distance you would like to run and follow that. As for how fast you are going, I would just run with what feels comfortable. It sounds like you've been running on that treadmill quite a bit, so your body will probably know approximately the right speed by how you feel and how tired you get when running. Good luck.
  • Heraci
    Heraci Posts: 23
    Options
    Sorry, internet was lagging and it double posted.
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    I use RunKeeper app for my phone, but they have tons of apps to help you GPS your miles, it will tell you your average pace distance and calories burned .
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I do not have a smart phone,
    but I am now using map my runs.com (thankyou for the suggestion)
    I have never ran outside before, so actually I am enjoying it. It is cool in the mornings for now, no bugs (yet), calm and quiet. Nice sunrise, hear the birds singing! Love it.
    Not quite sure what i will do when it gets smokin hot or during our frigid cold winters....
    later,
    smiles,
    kje
  • bex879165
    bex879165 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've got map my run on laptop & phone but I also use one called All Sports GPS which is on my phone but there's an online version available too. :-)