Bacon-Bundled BBQ Shrimp

Options
Healthier_Me
Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
2993shrimpbacon.jpg

PER SERVING (4 pieces): 116 calories, 1.75g fat, 587mg sodium, 7g carbs, <0.5g fiber, 6g sugars, 16g protein -- POINTS® value 2*

HG's spin on a super-decadent appetizer that everyone'll love...

Ingredients:
16 large (not jumbo) raw shrimp; peeled, deveined, tails removed
8 slices Jennie-O Extra Lean Turkey Bacon
1/3 cup canned tomato sauce
3 tbsp. ketchup
1 tbsp. brown sugar (not packed)
1 tbsp. cider vinegar
1/2 - 1 tsp. garlic powder (depending on how garlicky you want 'em)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Cut bacon slices in half and set aside. Mix together tomato sauce, ketchup, sugar, vinegar, and garlic powder. Lightly spray a baking pan with nonstick spray.

Take one piece of bacon (half a slice), and coat it in the sauce. Wrap the sauce-covered bacon around a piece of shrimp, and place it seam side down on the baking pan. Repeat with the rest of the bacon and shrimp, and then give them a quick mist with nonstick spray.

Place pan in the oven and cook until shrimp are cooked through and bacon is crispy (about 10 - 15 minutes).

MAKES 4 SERVINGS

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    2993shrimpbacon.jpg

PER SERVING (4 pieces): 116 calories, 1.75g fat, 587mg sodium, 7g carbs, <0.5g fiber, 6g sugars, 16g protein -- POINTS® value 2*

HG's spin on a super-decadent appetizer that everyone'll love...

Ingredients:
    16 large (not jumbo) raw shrimp; peeled, deveined, tails removed
    8 slices Jennie-O Extra Lean Turkey Bacon
    1/3 cup canned tomato sauce
    3 tbsp. ketchup
    1 tbsp. brown sugar (not packed)
    1 tbsp. cider vinegar
    1/2 - 1 tsp. garlic powder (depending on how garlicky you want 'em)

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Cut bacon slices in half and set aside. Mix together tomato sauce, ketchup, sugar, vinegar, and garlic powder. Lightly spray a baking pan with nonstick spray.

Take one piece of bacon (half a slice), and coat it in the sauce. Wrap the sauce-covered bacon around a piece of shrimp, and place it seam side down on the baking pan. Repeat with the rest of the bacon and shrimp, and then give them a quick mist with nonstick spray.

Place pan in the oven and cook until shrimp are cooked through and bacon is crispy (about 10 - 15 minutes).

MAKES 4 SERVINGS