Any other bartenders? How do you track your exercise?

AKAnderson785
AKAnderson785 Posts: 41
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
I bartend at a Wine Bar which means Monday and Tuesday I work from 8 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at my desk job and then 5:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m. and Saturday's 5:00 p.m. - 1:30 a.m.

Any other bartenders out there? How do you track your calories? Is it accurate if I put in walking slow pace (2.0 mph) for say - five hours? Just not sure how to calculate that since there isn't a "bartending" option in the cardio :)

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    bartend/serve.

I track 170 cals/hour. But, My trainer also told me since I do this 2 nights a week, I shouldnt consider it exercise, my body gets used to it so I only track/log 2 hours = 340
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    I was wondering the same thing since I bartend and wait tables.. but someone told me to just up my lifestyle from sedentary to ..slightly active or something... so you get more calories.... idk.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    It depends, are you a bartender more than 3 nights a week? If so, dont choose a sedentary lifestyle. However, if its only a weekend job, maybe consider it walking at the 2.0 mile speed. I know us bartenders are usually moving faster than that, however, you have to take into consideration when we stop moving to pour or use a blender.
  • I bartend Monday, Tuesday and Saturday nights and then go to Boot Camp Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights. The only part of my life that is sedentary is my day job 8 - 4. But I do walk around the office alot, my boss is across the building. And as much as I 'd love to relax on Sunday's, I usually have a lot of housework to do that day lol, it never ends!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    I forget, isnt there like a moderate lifestyle or something thats in between active and sedentary? Maybe pick that to account for your bartending, but keep logging all the other working out/exercising that you do.
This discussion has been closed.