Who Knew...Exercise Really Works!!

TNGirlyGirl
TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
This is an excerpt from my blog, but I thought I'd share it openly.

Today I was feeling totally unmotivated to work out. When I began my weight-loss journey, I started out exercising slowly, mostly by walking, but I've been doing the Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred for just over a week (6 times in 8 days). To be honest, I simply didn't WANT to do it today!! After all, it's not like it's doing anything for me, right??? WRONG!!!!

I decided to take a tape measure and just "check" to see if I was making any progress. Imagine my shock when I discovered I've already "shredded" 1-1/2" in my waist; 1" in my hips and 1/2" in each of my arms and legs!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!:happy:

I happily grabbed my weights and worked-out, because know what? Exercise really DOES work!!!!!!!!

Replies

• 24Years
    24Years Posts: 14 Member
    What a pleasant surprise. I too have felt that I was not getting anywhere with the exercising because the scale remained the same. I need to retake my measurements since it has been awhile. But, I definitely know that I have been feeling sooo much better...
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Just beacuse that scale isn't moving doesn't mean you should stop moving! Lean Muscle weighs more than fat, so if your working out, you will get results! I wished I would of done mesurements in the beginning to really get an idea of how big I actually was. In case you didn't know this since you are just starting out the more you excercise now, the more weight and tonning you will notice. The heavier you are he more you burn! I wished I would of known this sooner. In the begining all I did was walk, thinking that was enough, which v.s. nothing, it was a great benefit! Best wishes to you!!!
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    That's great! Keep it up.
This discussion has been closed.