Lacking Motivation

Options
Ughhhh... Maybe it's just the rainy day that's depressing, and perhaps this nearly whole month of rain is doing it -- but I have soooo lost motivation! I have been very patchy with my log in's on here for the last couple of months, altho still watching what I eat. I've been keeping up with exercise and whatnot, just not as much as I should. For the longest while I was PUMPED to get healthy, and now it just seems like such an effort :(
I'm happy with how far I've come, lost 12 pounds so far.. Not as much as I intended too, but it's still a move in the right direction. I just wish I could regain that thrilling motivation again.
I really do think this drab weather has alot to do with it - I miss the sunshine!

Anyhow - just needed somewhere to rant!

Best of luck to everyone! :0)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. Log on every day and stick with it.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    May has been rainy here too! Got off track and stopped logging every day. I refuse to give anymore. I'm going to log everything this week even if it's over or bad choices. I'm hoping that along with getting in 4-5 days of 30mins of cardio will help. After a week the goal is my body and mind will be back on track! I need to get back on track and hoping friends on MFP will help keep me moving. It got me through yesterday!
  • NlKKA
    NlKKA Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I understand as I've found myself in that state of mind a time or two. Remember why you wanted to do this in the first place and just hop right back on the saddle and do this. Hope your day gets better!
  • lmclaine
    lmclaine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am so in the same boat. For the first three months I was so strict and motivated and lost about 30 lbs. That was my first of many goals. Since then, I have relaxed my restrictions and really gotten lazy about my exercise. I do still document all my foods and try to stay under my calorie limit. As a result, I have stopped losing but fortunately have not gained any back. I need to get the "eye of the tiger" back so I can start heading towards my next weight goal but I am realy struggling. Thanks for helping me realize that I'm not alone!
  • amandaroland80
    amandaroland80 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I get the same feelings sometimes but I try to stick with it as much as possible even when it feels like I'm just going through the motions, especially during my workouts and then something fantastic happens that I don't expect . . . like I fit into a smaller jeans or I'm able to complete a physical task that was previously difficult . . . an example is one day I was having a going through the motions day at the gym and I was doing box jumps and I thought that I would try the higher box and I did it! Not only did I do it but I did it with ease! It was an amazing feeling, I was actually amazed at my own strength. Then to make it even better a co-worker saw me and complimented me later on it and I was really proud of myself for the first time in a long which pushed my motivation level back up. Hang in there, you can do it and it's so worth it!!
  • katzav
    katzav Posts: 67
    Options
    go to the mall and try on clothes that you wish you could wear if you had the body you want. if that lighting, with those mirrors doesn't motivate you to do something, i don't know what will!!! ;)
  • sooh2011
    sooh2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am *really* motivated by my friends and I see you don't have that many (sorry, that sounds so rude, lol!)....when I log on and I see that they are all running here there and everywhere, they are shredding, walking, swimming, closing diaries under goal and losing weight....well I want to be part of their gang!

Get some friends who come here every day (me if you like and steal some of my friends too!) and they can really help to motivate!

Good luck.
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Ughhhh... Maybe it's just the rainy day that's depressing, and perhaps this nearly whole month of rain is doing it -- but I have soooo lost motivation! I have been very patchy with my log in's on here for the last couple of months, altho still watching what I eat. I've been keeping up with exercise and whatnot, just not as much as I should. For the longest while I was PUMPED to get healthy, and now it just seems like such an effort :(
    I'm happy with how far I've come, lost 12 pounds so far.. Not as much as I intended too, but it's still a move in the right direction. I just wish I could regain that thrilling motivation again.
    I really do think this drab weather has alot to do with it - I miss the sunshine!

Anyhow - just needed somewhere to rant!

Best of luck to everyone! :0)

Motivation doesn't matter, action does.
  • margrobins
    margrobins Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    @katzav - I don't need to go to a mall to find clothes I like that don't fit - I have a whole wardrobe of those LOL!
    Thanks guys - glad to see I'm not alone in this "lack of motivation" slump.. I'm sure it will come back.
    I think the biggest thing for me is getting back in routine of logging in on a regular basis. When I can SEE what I'm taking in and burning it tends to help much more. I just noticed that MFP FINALLY has a BlackBerry App :0) It's downloading as we speak! I find it hard with 3 kids and school to find the time to constantly come to the computer to log in - I'm sure the convenience of an App on my phone will definitely help!

Thanks for all the encouraging words!
  • katzav
    katzav Posts: 67
    Options
    HEY! i have a closet JUST LIKE THAT!!

good luck on your journey!