Help ideas for toning tummy area!!

Options
Hi everyone just wondered if anyone had any other tips for toning the tummy area, most of my weight now seems to be concentrated around there now and after three children i'm not surprised its the last to go. I already do a fair amount of cardio work, in that i run a couple of times a week, play netball 2 or 3 times, and i have been doing a dvd which incorporates planks, crunches etc to tone up that area. It seems to be working on my waist where i have lost 5.5 inches so far and my hips but its kind of the top of the hips where a pair of jeans often sits that seem to be the main stumbling block at the moment. I still have a fair bit of weight to lose so i know a certain amount will go as that goes but just wondered if anyone had any other ideas.

Thanks

Replies

• vartanfan71
    vartanfan71 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    hula hooping! It trims the waistline and hips! Well really the whole tummy area. That is where most of my weight is too!
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    My pilates class does amazing work in all core areas.
  • caresshudson
    caresshudson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 100% there with you! I too! Am a mother of 3 and have been trying to get bikini ready!! My weight seems to concentrate around my waist and I'm fed up with it! My goal has been to do cardio at least 5 days a week...even though I probably should do it 6 days a week. And I just added some really good ab exercises in. So we shall see!
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    have you tried Jillians 30Day Shred?
    It seems to tone the stomach area.
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start the 30 day shred on monday. I have a 10k race on sat so don't want to start anything new before then. Not sure i will be able to do the full 30days without breaks cos of kids etc but will try. I usually get about an hour during the day to fit in any jobs i want to get done any exercise dvds and logging in on here whilst my one year old is asleep once he is awake i have no chance. I have been trying to do some kind of exercise at least 6 days a week, so hopefully that will help.