In the mood to go forth

maryalida
maryalida Posts: 5
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
Well I watched Extreme Makeover-Weight Loss Edition Sunday night and it was on again last night (different person) so I watched it also. I got up a 4:00 this morning got out my "Obesity Help" magazines (past issues) and my book I just got from Amazon, "Mindless Eating" and started reading. I had a banana at 5 A.M. then got my husband up at 6:14. We went on a 2 mile walk through our town (Holdenville, OK). Okay, its been a while since I've been on a walk to say the least, so it took us 40 minutes. But at least I put both feet forward and did it. It felt and feels GREAT! When I got home I had a ProComplex Rocky Road protein shake (4 oz. water-1 scoop powder-lots of ice), made a crockpot of white chicken chili for my husband for tonight and now I'm drinking my water and posting. I've got in touch with a friend of mine in northern CA and were going to give each other pep talks on our journeys. Then in July I'll be going out to CA for about 3 weeks and we're going to hook up. I feel so motivated. More than I have in a long time. I need to lose 23 pounds, that may not sound like much to some people but I started this path at 281#'s (5'6.5" tall). Right now I weigh 173. See, I'm proof that people can do it and yes, we all fall off the wagon, and YES, we can dust ourselves off on get back on ( I've been in a downward slump for the past 6 months). Good luck to everyone out there in cyberland. I know you can do it too!
This discussion has been closed.