Just Being Honest

Options
I really wish I didn't love TIm Hortons' Mocha Iced Capp so much. Or the honey cruellers. Or the chococate danishes. And I really really wish that my work was not within 2 minutes of Tim Hortons. I have to drive the back way to avoid it because I am not feeling strong enough to avoid it today....

But, despite the fact that I love them, and its a huge default food of mine..I haven't gone. And I will not go. :) I will declare the rest of June to be Tim Horton's Free. Seriously, that sounds like torture, but I know its what I gotta do.

Replies

• kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    And you will be so unbelieveably impressed and you will feel so accomplished when the first of July comes and you didn't indulge in some tim hortons.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way with McDonald's. It's evil, and I could easily avoid it. IF I didn't have to walk past it TWICE every day because it's in the train station I take to work.

I can still avoid it, but it's much harder than if I wasn't exposed to it on a daily basis to begin with. I think I'll follow your lead and commit to avoiding it for the rest of June. =)
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about this awesome bakery in my town. Their glazed donuts are absolute heaven. I could avoid the bakery since it's not close to me, but then they started selling their donuts in the convenience store I drive past on the way to the gym. I can't even let myself stop for gas there now until late in the day when I know they'll all be gone.

Stick with it. What seems like deprivation now will feel like an awesome victory at the end of June. You own this!
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You wanna know the best part of your awesome plan? After you avoid your triggers for awhile, there will come a time when it doesn't have the pull it used to!

I always used to get a treat when I would go to any store. A candy bar at the grocery store, a sugary coffee drink at the gas station, etc. It was really hard for me to give that stuff up in the beginning. Now I don't miss it at all!

Keep up your motivation and determination, and each small victory will add up to great success! Thanks for motivating me today! :flowerforyou:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You can't beat a weakness unless you admit you have it. Sounds like you are doing great.
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Good for you for owning up to it and setting a goal for yourself!!! I know how you feel but it is with a custard/ice cream store that I pass 2x daily, it really is hard. But since joining MFP I have refrained and I am loosing weight so it is great that you are taking a stand for yourself!
  • margrobins
    margrobins Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Tim Hortons seriously kills me.. I have a hard time resisting, but thankfully am not close enough to one so I don't get the chance to cave *lol*
    Best of luck to you and keep it up! :0)
  • tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! i am a 2 minute walk from timmies and kfc and DQ and and mcD's and taco bell.... I just avoid like the plague.... they are much less of a trigger now since I'd much rather have one of my own home made super scrumptious ceasar salads !

You will start to stop craving them after a while! good luck! oh and get an ice cap with skim milk instead of the whole cream.... save u some calories next month when you can go back!
  • marrtini
    marrtini Posts: 75
    Options
    We all have our vices, and bravo to you for figuring out what yours is. Knowing when you aren't strong enough to get past it, is one of the best things you can tell yourself. Its like that moment when you suddenly realize you are full and there is still food on your plate. Be proud for recognizing your current strengths and weaknesses, I am proud of you!
    In time you will find you dont' miss them anymore! Good luck!
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Great job on identifying and addressing your temptation! I have been craving pasta like nobody's business, but refuse to cave to its powers! We will triumph over these things!!!
  • mommyJto3
    mommyJto3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    im not sure what Tim Hortons is, but i feel the same way about Rita's (which makes delicious frozen ice).
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Oh Timmies how I miss you! It doesn't help that everyday someone from the office goes and asks if I want anything :-(
    They have new Banana Timbits I want to try and a smors donut.... Sigh......
    I've told myself I'm letting myself have one ice cap before my wedding in July, but no more then that!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Oh Timmies how I miss you! It doesn't help that everyday someone from the office goes and asks if I want anything :-(
    I've told myself I'm letting myself have one ice cap before my wedding in July, but no more then that!
    Add chocolate milk to it instead of the cream that they use and you will save 100 calories on a small. And I think it tastes better. Yah so it is only 150 calories which i think is doable.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Add chocolate milk to it instead of the cream that they use and you will save 100 calories on a small. And I think it tastes better. Yah so it is only 150 calories which i think is doable.

I always get the chocolate milk instead, my tummy can't handle the cream. Unfortunatly I can't be satisfied with a small, so I need 250 calories for the medium! It's more about the addiction then the calories though, I couldn't have them even once a week without falling back into my summer habit of one daily!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I really wish I didn't love TIm Hortons' Mocha Iced Capp so much. Or the honey cruellers. Or the chococate danishes. And I really really wish that my work was not within 2 minutes of Tim Hortons. I have to drive the back way to avoid it because I am not feeling strong enough to avoid it today....

But, despite the fact that I love them, and its a huge default food of mine..I haven't gone. And I will not go. :) I will declare the rest of June to be Tim Horton's Free. Seriously, that sounds like torture, but I know its what I gotta do.

I love your signature,,,,,, and the best way to get there is by telling this Tim Horton guy to F off. :wink:
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    wow know the feeling fast food and resturants are my downfall lol i am trying to not eat out as much and when i go to get a coffee i dont get anything else lol good for not indulging! good job