ARGH!!!HELP!!!totally frustrated!

Options
Hiya,

Well I've been on here since 16th February 2011. I think I'm losing the will to live or at least continue with this lifestyle change/diet.
I started at 151lbs on 16th Feb and today I'm somewhere in between 147 and 149lbs, How the hell is this possible???? Am I doing something wrong?
When i started i didnt exercise so now I exercise and love it, i try to eat well, I have switched it all around, ive eaten less, ive eaten more, Ive changed my macronutrients a few times, trying to up the protein, i drink 2-3 litres everyday. I'm not losing inches either!!!!! or body fat!!!! or anything!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Do I need to eat more? Exercise less? eat less? exercise more? its no real suprise I used turn to my Eating Disorder when I wanted to lose weight as the healthy way just doesnt seem to work, even tho I really want it to, so bad. I never wana turn back to my ED, but i desperately hate feeling this fat, and this frustration is just becoming a trigger!!!GRRR.
any help will be appreciated also my diary is open.
xxxx

Replies

• lisa_lotte
    lisa_lotte Posts: 216
    Options
    I know the feeling - most frustrating thing in the world :o(
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 too. 150 is right at the top of our "healthy BMI" range. I wonder if your body is just super happy there?

Try to focus on the exercise maybe... tone up more. You might not lose much weight but you'll look leaner.

My aim is for 145 - I'm at around 160ish right now. If I get to 150 though I'll be OK with that. I don't think I've been 150 since highschool.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in any tips also. I've been on MFP for over 100 days and been stuck at the same weightfor a year. I've tried low-carb, low calorie and now more calories and zig-zag. No difference.

I've been splurging more lately since I've been so discouraged but exercise and water and eating healthy have always been a way of life for me...its just this last stubborn 15-20 pounds that won't drop!!
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary 2 things struck me, I'm no better but anyway.

1. You eat back the majority of your exercise calories - are you sure they are accurate? Gym Machines and MFP tend to overestimate for me and I'm about 100 lbs heavier than you.

2. You eat a lot of pre prepared food, could you try cooking from scratch? It'll need more organisation but defo less salt and preservatives in fresh food.

You are in a good healthy range as well, you are going to find it hard to shift weight now, you need to stick with one thing for a couple of months, either do zig zagging or stick within your calories but don't keep changing stuff around all the time or you won't know whats working and it needs 3 months to really show whats working.

Good luck x